Exhaust - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-10 LMM Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2007.5 to 2010 LMM Duramax Trucks No Advertising

2Likes
  • 1 Post By novaman64
  • 1 Post By dlsacco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Exhaust

Am I correct in assuming that aftermarket exhaust from the downpipe back are pretty much the same from 01 to 10?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 09:05 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to novaman64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4450 View Post
Am I correct in assuming that aftermarket exhaust from the downpipe back are pretty much the same from 01 to 10?
Yes, assuming you want to replace the cat and DPF.

-Jimmy
08' Silverado 3500HD CCLB LMM 4x4 - Build Thread
02' Silverado 2500HD CCLB LB7 4x4 - RIP 12/15/2016

#1 member 3500 LB SRW Club
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Yep just pretty much a straight 5in from the downpipe back

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 07:57 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4450 View Post
Yep just pretty much a straight 5in from the downpipe back
Ya, I just did that to my truck. Threw on the 5" Maganflow, DP back. Pics and youtueb video in my build thread...

-Jimmy

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 08:00 PM

Yep! My only recommendation, dont be cheap and buy the cheapest system you can, thats what i did and it fits like crap lol. Had to add hangers myself since none of the OEM ones lined up and the front pipe vibrates on the bell housing. Needs to warm up so i can fix that lol.

2008 Silverado 3500HD LTZ LMM CCLB DRW:

Limitless Built trans, Diamondback ATV bedcover, Maghytec pans, Amp powersteps/bumper step, weathertechs, FASS liftpump, ATP EFI Live, 5" straightpipe, SDP 3" ybridge EGR delete, 3" downpipe, HIDs, Recon smoked lights all around, Beans sump, Edge CTS, DMAXstore driveshaft, MOVE DIY bumpers, 68G attatank, autometer EGT/boost gauges, banks hotside, DRP trans lines, DDP 4" intake, PPE trans cooler, mishimoto rad hoses, Rare HD tierods/pitman/idler arm/idler assembly, AirLift 5100, 6" Zone lift, Eagle Alloy 054s wrapped in 275/65/20 SST Pros, Main Event Emblems, Overkill fab grille, HSP billet manifolds/uppipes, LFS traction bars, 2015+ mirrors
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 08:51 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme7 View Post
Yep! My only recommendation, dont be cheap and buy the cheapest system you can, thats what i did and it fits like crap lol. Had to add hangers myself since none of the OEM ones lined up and the front pipe vibrates on the bell housing. Needs to warm up so i can fix that lol.
The fit on the Magnaflow was great... Not sure what system you used...
BigRoller likes this.

-Jimmy

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 01:16 AM
DuramaxForum Guru

My Flo Pro fit well & the Diamond Eye fit well on my friends truck. Youre gonna have to play around with any exhaust to get it to align correctly.

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 LMM
EFI Live, Edge Insight CTS, Flo~Pro 4" DP back exhaust w/ muffler & stock trumpet tip, Resonator delete plug, Alum. bleeder screw, WIF sensor delete plug, Fumoto oil drain valve, Pacer LED cab lights, GM dually light bar under tailgate, Footwell lights, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Wilson 2000 CB antenna, Kenwood speakers, GM chrome oval running boards, Bilstein 5100s, Michelin Defender M/S on PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 02:53 PM

Garage
I just put on a 5" magnaflow catback on my 2006 LBZ LB CC. It fit like a glove. At the same time did the magnaflow downpipe and the PPE Drivers side hi flow exhaust manifold. The combined effect of all these was huge. When I used to get into the pedal hard I would get black smoke until the turbo caught up to the fueling. Now it spools so much quicker I can't make it smoke no matter how hard I get into it. Sound is good, no noticeable drone at HW speed. Build quality seemed to real good as well.
BigRoller likes this.

06 LBZ Allison CC LB Nicktane/Cat filter, Racor RK32313 DMAX PRIMARY FUEL FILTER KIT, PPE Transmission Cooler, BD Power Diff Cover, Magnaflow 5"Catback and down pipe, BD Power Full Flow exhaust manifold, Edge Evolution, B+H Turnover Ball with Companion 5th wheel hitch, Huper Optik tint.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 11:13 AM

Garage
Yeah, Magnaflow 5 inch stainless monster exhaust with muffler fit fine on my old truck. Did it myself in an hour with no lift or jackstands on a lowered LBZ lol. I've never heard of someone have trouble with a Magnaflow unless it's user/installer error.

2006 CHEVY 2500HD LBZ CCSB LT1
Fast(ish) stuff:Danville EFiLive dsp5|stock fuel|stock air filter w/PPE airbox mod and resonator delete|EGR block|3" Magnaflow downpipe|5" Magnaflow exhaust w/muffler|stock trans w/transgo|DHD centerlink brace & sleeves|trac bars|Springtech 3" drop shackles|de-cranked front keys|Belltech shocks
Exterior-Interior:colormatched front bumper/grille|lower bumper lip|crystal lights with colormatched reflectors|all on mod & 9012/9011 mod|leveled mirrors|tinted taillights|7x18 tip|tonneau cover|305/50 Toyo Proxes 20x9 +18 AR wheels|2" rear spacers|de-molded and de-badged|5th wheel|10" Alpine sub|Kenwood speakers&double din
Best 1/4 to date 7200 lbs-13.42@100.58
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode