Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Airdog II and Nicktane

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  D_R_C 
#1 ·
alright, I'm coming down to crunch time... I need to replace my AD II fuel filters soon. I've also got the nicktane kit, and just haven't installed it. Should I just replace the AD filters and use a racor, or go ahead and replace it with the nicktane kit??

#4 ·
I'd just stick with the Racor.

Reactions: kowclub173
#6 ·
FYI, With any liftpump that has filters like the AD you can easily double maybe even triple the mileage on your stock filter to your liftpump filters.
You can change the LP filters 2-3 times before the stock fuel filter needs replaced.

In my sig and picture below you'll see 2 fuel pressure gauges, the one next to my cts2 reads FP out of my lift pump the one on the left of my steering column reads out of the stock fuel filter head before the fuel gets to the engine.

When the pressures drop around 2 -21/2 psi, that when it's time to change them.
I had already changed my AD filters about 6 months ago, I changed the stock one with 18k on it and was still around 6.5-7 psi before I changed it.

Normally I'll have around 8-8.5 psi out of the LP and 7 psi out of the stock filter head, with engine idling.

Forget the Nicktane stay with the RACOR, IMO, less chance of headaches.

Attachments

#7 ·
NICE!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. I had a CTS on my LBZ, but haven't gotten it for my LMM yet. I've got a 3 pod gauge that I need to replace but thats good to know that I can monitor both at the same time. Now I need to sell the adapter and filter to get some CTS2 money>:)

#8 ·
The Edge Insight can monitor the fuel pressure, but you need the Edge EAS probe then the universal EAS sensor input and pressures sensors, but Edge is real proud of this stuff.
My Isspro ev2 gauges complete with sensors was around $140 each.

#9 · (Edited)
yea this is what I'm dealing with now (Boost, pyro, fuel pressure). I really want the CTS2 for balance rates, but it's got so much more. I wouldn't mind dropping the boost gauge, getting a pod adapter, then adding a CTS2

Attachments

#13 ·
Thanks

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.