DPF Delete without tuner. - Page 6 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-2010 LMM Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 AM   eBay Motors  #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinlmm View Post
Yes, you can see how much is left just call the warraty office where you bought it and ask them.
if I can get $$$ on unused warranty,it would kinda be like getting paid to delete the DPF.
Aftermarket DSP5 calibration by Danville Performance, Blocked and re-routed, Nicktane with Baldwin BF7587, PPE lift pump with Baldwin BF1212 water separator, 285/75/17 Dura Grapplers on H2s, CTS Insight with pyro, Large fender mod.
Proud Member U/A Local 693 Plumbers/Pipefitters.
poosniffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2011, 07:32 AM   eBay Motors  #52 (permalink)

You can always sell it and buy an early 07....and not have to worry about that bs...welcome to the forum
straightpiped MBRP 4"
Nitto Terra Grapps
285/70/R17's on Eagle Alloy Super Finish Black
B&W Turnover,
NBS Smoke Recons

atptrucks.com
bowtie06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2011, 03:20 PM   eBay Motors  #53 (permalink)

Actually the gm warranty is transferable. I just transfered one 2weeks ago. You will have to call and see if you can cancel and get a prorated refund. Depends on the type of plan.

You can also buy a dpf-r module and delete the dpf without any tuner. I know nothing about it but have seen them advertised and know 2 people who use them, 1 on a ford and another on an lmm. The lmm has been running 45k with the module and no issues.
Might do some research on that..
Old 11-08-2011, 03:27 PM   eBay Motors  #54 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBASS View Post
Actually the gm warranty is transferable. I just transfered one 2weeks ago. You will have to call and see if you can cancel and get a prorated refund. Depends on the type of plan.

You can also buy a dpf-r module and delete the dpf without any tuner. I know nothing about it but have seen them advertised and know 2 people who use them, 1 on a ford and another on an lmm. The lmm has been running 45k with the module and no issues.
Might do some research on that..
u are correct but still will void his warranty , flopro sells one , id give the part number but im not sure im aloud

2008 victory vegas low raked 45
1997 gmc 3/4 2wd parts wagon

Xtremeline Automotive Services
www.atptrucks.com
blackdeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 01:51 AM   eBay Motors  #55 (permalink)

DPF delete help!!

well i have my truck and my dealer said not to worry about the warranty if i put a tuner on it. my question is where to start. I have the AFE system and want to replace it from the cat back deleting the DPF and muffler.
what tuner is this i hear so much about that will turn my check engine light off and prevent damage to the engine from repeated regen cycles?
do i need to reinstall the sensors and pressure line?
mostly will just installing the pipes without running it damage the engine, turbo ect?
thanks for any help guys

2007 LMM 6.6 duramax 2500HD
dholifield is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 09:35 AM   eBay Motors  #56 (permalink)

i no i need a delete kit but i put full delete pipe and all sensors back on to pipe and its saying poor def fluid will not reset change all the def and still saying power reduced can anybody no what i need todo other than buying the full delete
hunt duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 06:26 PM   eBay Motors  #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholifield View Post
well i have my truck and my dealer said not to worry about the warranty if i put a tuner on it. my question is where to start. I have the AFE system and want to replace it from the cat back deleting the DPF and muffler.
what tuner is this i hear so much about that will turn my check engine light off and prevent damage to the engine from repeated regen cycles?
do i need to reinstall the sensors and pressure line?
mostly will just installing the pipes without running it damage the engine, turbo ect?
thanks for any help guys

2007 LMM 6.6 duramax 2500HD
Check the search function on DPF Delete LMM, and for Tuners. I would suggest EFI LIVE. Several excellent vendors advertise here who could provide you some assistance. Welcome to the forum!
Dashmat Ultimat
1st Diesel ~ Bone Stock.
Must do some upgrades.
Heavy Duty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 06:30 PM   eBay Motors  #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt duramax View Post
i no i need a delete kit but i put full delete pipe and all sensors back on to pipe and its saying poor def fluid will not reset change all the def and still saying power reduced can anybody no what i need todo other than buying the full delete
Welcome to the forum! A little more info on your truck would help answering your question. I assume since you mention DEF FLUID you have a newer Duramax. I'm not too familiar with the newer rigs, and I've heard they are working on the tuners for the newer models. As with some of the older rigs, I'm sure if you delete anything, you will need a Tuner such as EFI LIVE. I'm sure you will get some other responses from those more familiar with the newer Max's.
Dashmat Ultimat
1st Diesel ~ Bone Stock.
Must do some upgrades.
Heavy Duty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 08:41 PM   eBay Motors  #59 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt duramax View Post
It's better to NOT put the sensors back on that confuses the emissions system.
If you have the DPF delete pipe with bungs for the sensors then plug them.
You do have a tuner programmed in that cancels emissions codes don't you?
If not then I suggest you work on that.
You will NOT by-pass these issues by just using the DPF delete pipe and install the sensors, get a tuner.
Also this section is for 2007.5 - 2010 LMM WITH NO DEF SYSTEM.
EFILive AutoCal by Idaho Rob @ ATP. http://atptrucks.com/?fullSite=1

2007 GMC Yukon Denali "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
LUCAS Fuel Treatment and LUCAS Oil Stabilizer

EFILive AutoCal by MJ Engineering
D_R_C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.