Duramax Scan Tool (Injector Flow Rate Updating) - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-2010 LMM Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 02:16 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Duramax Scan Tool (Injector Flow Rate Updating)

I have been searching for a "Programmer", "Tuner", "OBD Code Reader" that will allow me to update my Injector flow-rates when I replace them. I keep reading about EFI-Live, but no-one has been able to confirm or deny if it will re-program flow-rates. I found another article that explains how to do it and that I need a "Scan Tool".

Copied from (w w w . thedieselgarage . c o m/forums/showthread.php?t=1072)
With a scan tool installed, enter the vehicle information and select the following options:
Engine Control Module

Module Setup

Injector Flow Rate Programming

Display ECM & GPCM Inj. Flow Rates

Record all flow rate numbers with the corresponding cylinders from the control modules. Important: When installing a new fuel injector, ensure that the IQA data number from the yellow IQA Data Tag, shipped with the new injector, is programmed to the correct cylinder

⇒ If any injectors are replaced, go to Reprogram Injector Flow Rates parameter and enter the flow rate number of the new injector to the corresponding cylinder. The flow rate numbers will automatically update both control modules.

⇒ If the ECM was replaced, go to Copy GPCM Inj. Flow Rates to ECM parameter and reprogram the ECM. This will update the ECM with the GPCM flow rate numbers.

⇒ If the GPCM was replaced or the flow rate numbers are not the same for both modules, go to Copy ECM Inj. Flow Rates to GPCM parameter and reprogram the GPCM. This will update the GPCM with the ECM flow rate numbers.

⇒ If both control modules were replaced, go to Reprogram Injector Flow Rates parameter and enter the previously recorded flow rate numbers or the numbers retrieved from each individual injector, to the corresponding cylinders.

Can anyone shed some light as to what "tool" I need to complete this?
9K Ramsey Winch and Mount
285/75/R-16 Goodyear MT/R W/Kevlar
K&N Air Filter
Stock Everything else!
165K and counting!
VZWTech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2012, 11:18 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Sounds like you need a Tech II. Something your going to find at the dealership, no they wont sell you one
Old 01-19-2012, 11:30 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Oh GM will sell you one for the right price.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:48 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Do work!
Supporting Member

You can get a tech two from any Bosch dealer. I got one from napa a few months ago brand new

Autoguide
GMguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 07:06 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMguy View Post
You can get a tech two from any Bosch dealer. I got one from napa a few months ago brand new

Autoguide

Wow, what did that set you back?
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ air cleaner, Profab intake, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece, Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater
MTL_Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.