Whats the best tuner for lmm? - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-2010 LMM Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 06:16 AM   eBay Motors  #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 D_Max View Post
The advantage of EFI Live is you can change things in the tune (for free if it's a small change like tire size) But the emissions crap can be changed in the tuning so you dont get any lights on your dash and gain the milage you desire. I know for myself I bought 5 tunes to switch on the fly, and wanted the 5th tune to be bigger (can't do that with EDGE) it cost me 50 bucks for Rob to make it a Competition tune instead. I also gota different turbo wheel, and FPR from a LBZ and He just changed that for me. (also cant change that with EDGE)

It pays off in the end. And You don't really buy individual tunes with EFI Live, you buy packages. Some othions are... pretuned ECM with a single tune of your choice... A pretuned ECM with 2 tunes of your choice and a DSP2 ( on the fly switch)... A pretuned ECM with 5 tunes of your choice and a DSP5...<<<these are the cheapest ways to go.

However some want a diagnostic tool to go with it, and want to keep their ECM and just program it like a Canned tuner... AutoCal and a singletune of your choice... Autocal and 2 tunes with DSP2... Autocal with 5 tunes and a DSP5.

And some people want to have it all... a diagnostic tool, and the ability to make their own changes to a tune, or even create their own tuning... V2 with a single tune... V2 with 2 tunes and a DSP2... V2 with 5 tunes and a DSP5.

It's all about what you want with EFI Live!
Very well put sir! Cudnt have said it better myself!

Sent from Autoguide iPhone app
305 55R 20 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 20x9 KMC Badlands
Ready lift torsion keys
Rhino sprayed in bed liner
Rhino inner rear fender wells
15% tint w/ 7 inch windshield brow
Door post wrapped with gloss black vinyl. [url]http://www.norcaltruck.com & Rigid Ind. FTW!
2007.5 LMM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 05:10 PM   eBay Motors  #32 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 D_Max View Post
The advantage of EFI Live is you can change things in the tune (for free if it's a small change like tire size) But the emissions crap can be changed in the tuning so you dont get any lights on your dash and gain the milage you desire. I know for myself I bought 5 tunes to switch on the fly, and wanted the 5th tune to be bigger (can't do that with EDGE) it cost me 50 bucks for Rob to make it a Competition tune instead. I also gota different turbo wheel, and FPR from a LBZ and He just changed that for me. (also cant change that with EDGE)

It pays off in the end. And You don't really buy individual tunes with EFI Live, you buy packages. Some othions are... pretuned ECM with a single tune of your choice... A pretuned ECM with 2 tunes of your choice and a DSP2 ( on the fly switch)... A pretuned ECM with 5 tunes of your choice and a DSP5...<<<these are the cheapest ways to go.

However some want a diagnostic tool to go with it, and want to keep their ECM and just program it like a Canned tuner... AutoCal and a singletune of your choice... Autocal and 2 tunes with DSP2... Autocal with 5 tunes and a DSP5.

And some people want to have it all... a diagnostic tool, and the ability to make their own changes to a tune, or even create their own tuning... V2 with a single tune... V2 with 2 tunes and a DSP2... V2 with 5 tunes and a DSP5.

It's all about what you want with EFI Live!
wow, that explains everything better than all the threads I have read so far. appreciate it. guess I will look into who does the install and tunes in my area. puyallup/tacoma area of washington state. need it done pretty soon as I want to start pulling the 10,000 to 12,000 toy hauler and had some issues with shifting and power last year with the larger tires, lift kit and otherwise stock truck. thanks.

You didnt see me
you cant prove it
I didnt do it
07-Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 05:12 PM   eBay Motors  #33 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

so who does efi live in tacoma seattle area and can do this pretty quick. go for 5 tunes and you may owe me one or two down the road when I change things up.
thanks
any referrences guys. not opposed to a road trip to see alligator performance in idaho, heard a few guys over there who live in the area know how to get into trouble and have fun.

You didnt see me
you cant prove it
I didnt do it
07-Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 05:24 PM   eBay Motors  #34 (permalink)
Tennessee Smokin'

Its really not hard to install it yourself and save quite a few bucks. Its nothing more than running a few wires and pulling your ecm loose and pluggin a few pins in. The pins are the worst part and once you slow down and take your time they're pretty easy. As long as you have a computer and a couple hours, you'll be set. I really thought i would have a time with it but its really not bad. I would definately recommend ATP trucks. What few problems i did seem to run into, Dustin was on the phone walking me through it. Robs towing tunes are great especially with the brake tuned into it.
EFI tuned by Rob•CTS Gauges•Raptor 150•Magnaflow 4" Duals•Fumoto•Blocked & Routed•Precision Industries TC•Line-X•35x20 MT ATZ•20x9 Fuel Gauges•Pro Comp 6•Bull Bar•Black Emblems•Billet Overlays•Amsoil Fluids•Bills Intake•Weather Techs

Upcoming:
Built Trans•Color match bumpers•Dmax Store front end kit•BW Flares•GN Hitch
TN-DMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 05:25 PM   eBay Motors  #35 (permalink)
Tennessee Smokin'

Give Dustin a call at ATP trucks and he'll gladly answer your questions about it as he did mine. I got the autocal and 5 tunes with the DSP5 switch and couldn't be happier. Post whoring!!!
EFI tuned by Rob•CTS Gauges•Raptor 150•Magnaflow 4" Duals•Fumoto•Blocked & Routed•Precision Industries TC•Line-X•35x20 MT ATZ•20x9 Fuel Gauges•Pro Comp 6•Bull Bar•Black Emblems•Billet Overlays•Amsoil Fluids•Bills Intake•Weather Techs

Upcoming:
Built Trans•Color match bumpers•Dmax Store front end kit•BW Flares•GN Hitch
TN-DMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 05:35 PM   eBay Motors  #36 (permalink)
AKA 01 D_Max

I also recommend Addrenaline Truck Performance. Rob Coddens has got to be the best tuner in the states, with a couple guys right behind Him. And Dustin (as mentioned) will take the time with you on the phone to walk you through anything your not compfortable with doing.

Or call us... 920-765-1615

SOLD
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CC,SB
EFI Live V2 w/dsp5 MAX EFFORT by Idaho Rob,
EGT's Never higher than 1150*
Cognito Braces, and ATP Sleeves, BD Manifold, ARP H.Studs, M.P. mod, MA Aluminum Bleeder, PPE Boost Valve, Banks Ram Air- Intercooler, FASS 150, LBZ FPR, Shimmed FPRV, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/6"tip, Corsa Muffler
@180,000-New injectors from Lincoln Diesel, CAT Adapter/filter/spacer

Air Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Leveling Kit, Recon LED tail lights & over cab lights, 20" Forged Aluminum WELD Racing Rims, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Aaron@LDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 05:37 PM   eBay Motors  #37 (permalink)
AKA 01 D_Max

By the way, they are in Boise, IDAHO.

Or call us... 920-765-1615

SOLD
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CC,SB
EFI Live V2 w/dsp5 MAX EFFORT by Idaho Rob,
EGT's Never higher than 1150*
Cognito Braces, and ATP Sleeves, BD Manifold, ARP H.Studs, M.P. mod, MA Aluminum Bleeder, PPE Boost Valve, Banks Ram Air- Intercooler, FASS 150, LBZ FPR, Shimmed FPRV, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/6"tip, Corsa Muffler
@180,000-New injectors from Lincoln Diesel, CAT Adapter/filter/spacer

Air Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Leveling Kit, Recon LED tail lights & over cab lights, 20" Forged Aluminum WELD Racing Rims, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Aaron@LDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.