Ticking noise help! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-2010 LMM Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 08:06 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Ticking noise help!

I have a 2008 gmc 2500hd with 5" turbo back with diamond eye downpipe with the edge cs race program. I normally only run it no higher then setting 3 and the other day I turned it up to 5 to see how it would do. I only got on it a couple times and when I accelerated hard I can hear a ticking sound coming from the driver side fender but its not the typewriter tick I don't believe. Well yesterday I cranked it and I heard the same constant tick tick tick not sounding like the typewriter and when I accelerate I hear it ticking faster constantly now. I checked the injector rate and they were all perfect and now I'm worried its something else. I can hear it coming from somewhere towards the front of motor on driver side. Any help I'd appreciate!
Gmcdur08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 05:37 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Nobody has any idea??
Old 11-13-2012, 08:00 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

what makes you so sure it's not the " duramax tick " .. the tick would be heard from the drivers side... some are louder than others... some even sound much like a "knock".. i wouldn't worry about it...

did you just change the oil?

08 CCSB LMM LTZ- 6" super lift with t bar drop. 35" Nitto grappler all terrains, 20x10 Moto metal 951's.. Edge evo race cts on level 2. 5" MBRP SSTB straight pipe, 6 inch tip, DDM 3000k Fogs, 6000k Lows, all on mod

Latest install: nathan airchime K5LLA, 5 gal tank, 444c
compressor
My youtube channel-http://www.youtube.com/user/tdv1985?feature=mhee

anti-venomLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 08:04 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

No that's the thing...I changed oil about 4000 miles ago and the typewriter tick went away already. This tick has a constant beat that is same. I'm not saying its not just weird it would come back all of a sudden.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

mine did the same thing on me.. it was actually just before an oil change.. it just started doing it at random.. then changed the oil and it cleared right up... but honestly unless something drastic happens i'd let it ride and not worry about it..

but just for safe measures to give yourself closure, just do an oil sample and if anything's wearing more than usual it'll show up... just my .02 tho!

08 CCSB LMM LTZ- 6" super lift with t bar drop. 35" Nitto grappler all terrains, 20x10 Moto metal 951's.. Edge evo race cts on level 2. 5" MBRP SSTB straight pipe, 6 inch tip, DDM 3000k Fogs, 6000k Lows, all on mod

Latest install: nathan airchime K5LLA, 5 gal tank, 444c
compressor
My youtube channel-http://www.youtube.com/user/tdv1985?feature=mhee

anti-venomLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 08:22 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Ok thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.