Dpf help - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-2010 LMM Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 PM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)

Is there some where online I might be able to find this recall?

Mostly stock except for banks ram air intake
737ame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)

Just a heads up, I've found GM dealerships to be extremely ignorant when it comes to DPFs. It's pretty sad when I (19 years old at the time) was educating their "techs" about the proper function of a DPF. It took about 20 visits to multiple dealerships before I found one that actually knew about the trucks they sell. The issue ended up being what I had told them from day one, although I heard everything from "change your air filter" to "all diesels blow smoke."

The bill for this was about $1000 under warrantly. I now have a DPF with only 2 regen cycles on it sitting in storage.

2009 GMC Duramax Diesel ECSB 4x4 - EFI Live by Relentless Diesel Performance, EGR blocked, 5" turbo back, Autometer boost & pyro, BMF Novakanes, Toyo AT2s, color matched, debadged, t-bars lowered, 2" drop shackles, Recon cab lights, UWS toolbox, Cobra 29 CB
Jday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 09:43 PM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)

Heres whats on the GM site.

ANSWER: Should a recall on your vehicle ever occur, GMC will notify you by mail. You can also contact any GMC Dealer or visit the GMC Owner Center, or you may call 1-800-462-8782.
I got a notice of a voluntary recall through e-mail about a year and half ago.
50% towing miles, Bridgestone Duravis R500 Tires,Counteract balancing beads, Rancho 9000 shocks, 89 Gallon RDS in box tank, 1 ton rear leaf springs, Curt 20k Fifth Wheel, Curt 18K Rear Mount hitch, Firestone ride-rite air bags, NUC Motorsports Bypass oil Filtration, Edge Insight CTS, Fass 95HD

2013 LT CC & Chassis with 9' Hillsboro Aluminum flatbed
chevor-2010-gmc-2500-maintenance-log
Quest for Ultimate Hotshot Truck
chevor is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 04:10 AM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)
Banned

It's not a recall issue, your stuck, it will have to go to a dealer unless you know a tech who is familiar with the DPF functions...

If you want you can try to clean the MAF sensor and see if it helps, it could be covered by oil from your air filter and sending a false signal. Thus causing the truck to over fuel for the boost and clog the DPF quickly...

Another cause of excessive regens is a sticking egr valve...

That's one of the problems with this system, it's hard to pinpoint an issue when one arises...
smokinlmm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 05:45 AM   eBay Motors  #25 (permalink)

So, I checked my dtc when igot home and it was a p244c. Which supposedly is egt to cold for dpf to regen? Any comments?

Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 AM   eBay Motors  #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737ame View Post
So, I checked my dtc when igot home and it was a p244c. Which supposedly is egt to cold for dpf to regen? Any comments?
That's a turbo related code, Does your trucks exhaust note change after you start the truck. It should go from a rumble to a hiss, that is the turbo veins sweeping and relearning. If it is not then there is a problem with the vein sensor or controller and when this happens the DPF filter can clog very quickly...
smokinlmm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 AM   eBay Motors  #27 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737ame View Post
you need to have a shop scan the system and test that exhaust probe/sensor. If it fails or becomes inacurate, it won't regen...If it's reading low, the pcm is probably adding more fuel to try and heat it up...it does this until it realizes that the temp is not going up and throws a code.
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 AM   eBay Motors  #28 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade
Lifetime Supporting Member

DTC P244C (ENGINE CONTROLS AND FUEL - 6.6L)

Document ID# 1961334

DTC P244C

Diagnostic Instructions
•Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (with HP2)Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (without HP2) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
•Review Strategy Based Diagnosis for an overview of the diagnostic approach.
•Diagnostic Procedure Instructions provides an overview of each diagnostic category.

DTC Descriptor

DTC P244C: Catalyst Temperature Too Low During Regeneration

Circuit/System Description

The diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) converter controls emissions of non methane hydro carbons (NMHC), and soluble organic fraction (SOF). The DOC is also utilized in regenerating the exhaust particulate filter (EPF). The engine control module (ECM) monitors the exhaust gas temperature (EGT) sensor 1 during regeneration to determine if regeneration temperatures can be maintained.

If the ECM detects that the DOC cannot maintain a pre-determined temperature during a regeneration event this DTC will fail, and the regeneration event aborts.

Conditions for Running the DTC
•The engine control system is in an active regeneration.
•DTC P244C runs continuously when the above condition is met.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
•The ECM determines that the EGT sensor 1 is less than 75°C (167°F) of a calibrated threshold, during an active regeneration event.
•The condition exists for greater than 5 minutes.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
•DTC P244C is a Type A DTC.
•Regeneration will be inhibited.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

DTC P244C is a Type A DTC.

Diagnostic Aids
•The use of 500 ppm sulfur, non-road diesel fuel containing red dye, or the continuous use of non ultra low sulfur fuel may be a possible contributor to the degradation of metals in the DOC. A degraded DOC will not light off, and properly maintain the necessary heat required to completely regenerate the particulate filter.
•If EGT sensor 1 (before the DPF) is slow to respond to exhaust gas temperature changes, or sticks in range, this DTC may set.
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure

Last edited by KensAuto; 01-03-2013 at 07:57 AM.
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 AM   eBay Motors  #29 (permalink)

Winter front on the truck?
50% towing miles, Bridgestone Duravis R500 Tires,Counteract balancing beads, Rancho 9000 shocks, 89 Gallon RDS in box tank, 1 ton rear leaf springs, Curt 20k Fifth Wheel, Curt 18K Rear Mount hitch, Firestone ride-rite air bags, NUC Motorsports Bypass oil Filtration, Edge Insight CTS, Fass 95HD

2013 LT CC & Chassis with 9' Hillsboro Aluminum flatbed
chevor-2010-gmc-2500-maintenance-log
Quest for Ultimate Hotshot Truck
chevor is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 PM   eBay Motors  #30 (permalink)

No I did not have my winter front on this particular day.
I reset the code and it has not set again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.