2010 regen - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-2010 LMM Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 09:52 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

2010 regen

My dads got a 2010 lmm with about 10,120 miles bone stock minus the banks air intake got it before the urea also And it hasn't done a single regen. I've put most of the miles on it anyways. Tail pipe is clean enough to eat off of.. I'm not familiar with the cycle but shouldn't it have done the cycle by now? Dad and myself are kinda getting worried that its not working and it's clogging up and could cause future problems. I'm trying to get him to do a DPF delete and he's considering it. Could anyone enlighten me?

2006 Chevrolet 2500HD CCSB converted to CCLB
CC/LB, Twin turbo, Built motor, EFI by Rob, DSP5, NAPC Race Trans, 60% Exergy Injectors, 7" BDS with fox 2.0 and rear leaf, Air dog, 20x10 bmf novakanes, 37x13.5x20 toyo open country m/t, colbalt gauges, blue led dash/interior, HID's, 50" roof light bar

Reborn November 25 2013
farmer_denton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 10:09 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

What makes you think it hasn't done a regen? There are no indicators on the dash and generally you should not notice it unless you happen to slow down while it's in the cycle, the smell and increased rpms are what I noticed when my DPF was on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
well you have reduced power..... you fix it by adding more power
Pat H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 10:15 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

I haven't noticed a thing. No funny rpm change I was in a 08 during a regen and it was completely noticeable. So yes I could be wrong. Just want to make sure everything is ok

CC/LB, Twin turbo, Built motor, EFI by Rob, DSP5, NAPC Race Trans, 60% Exergy Injectors, 7" BDS with fox 2.0 and rear leaf, Air dog, 20x10 bmf novakanes, 37x13.5x20 toyo open country m/t, colbalt gauges, blue led dash/interior, HID's, 50" roof light bar

Reborn November 25 2013
Old 03-23-2013, 10:23 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Ask one to be one

Its done 15-20 regens already. Don't believe us? Find someone with a tech II and they can tell you exactly how many its done.

2010 GMC Sierra CC SB 4X4 Cognito 6" lift and 315/70/17 ATP Tuned!!

2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4X4 (wifes) Zone lift set close to 4" 305/70/17's Hankook Dyna Pro RF-10 ATM
usafracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 10:25 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Id believe you you guys over any techs around here

Reborn November 25 2013
Old 03-23-2013, 10:27 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Oops read that wrong. But yeah I have access to one but I'll believe you anyways lol

Reborn November 25 2013
Old 03-23-2013, 07:29 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

If it hadn't done a regen by now it would be super clogged. It will regen every 400 miles, sooner if towing heavy.

If a man in the forest makes a statement, and there's no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
eastex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.