Remote Start Not Working Right - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-2010 LMM Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 08:46 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Remote Start Not Working Right

hello, i just bought an 08 chevy silverado hd and for some reason when i engage the remote start system the heater and seat warmers don't turn on until i put the keys in when i get in. is this normal???
couragefilms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 04:25 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
812-344-4421

Yes it only starts the engine and no electronics until you put the key in ignition and turn it on, its a safety feature.
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 05:38 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

According to the manual the sensor on the dash reads the temp and either turns on the air or the heat and the seats. Its been in the high 80's here and everytime I use the remote start the air has been on high when i get in. Maybe this isnt available on all models?
Beaner242 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 05:40 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
812-344-4421

Really mine turns nothing on that i have noticed, maybe i just dont pay attention though. Mine never turned anything on. But i set heat when get out night before that could be why.
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 05:50 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

mine has the air on high when remoted ,very hot here in Texas, havent been in cold yet
Tom's new truck: red 08 duramax lmm , LTZ, crewcab 3500 4x4, stock for now for towing racecar trailer #10000lb's , spray in liner, has black aftermarket ranchhand cowboy bumper with cowcatcher for that sinister look , matching back bumper, added a toolbox in bed , new lights on push bar , cb chip to come later remember old age isn't for sissies !! never hollar whooaa!! http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m...1/P9150004.jpg www.performancetruckproducts.com www.getsomeperformance.com Husker Diesel - 402-502-6961
tshideler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 07:46 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

When it is warm outside it will turn on the ac. When it is cold it will turn on the heater and the seat heaters. I notice my seat heaters are on if it is below 50 degrees out.
teamwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 09:01 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerperformance View Post
Really mine turns nothing on that i have noticed, maybe i just dont pay attention though. Mine never turned anything on. But i set heat when get out night before that could be why.
Yes it says if you turn something on it will override the factory setting. If I remember right.
Beaner242 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.