Turbo/Batmowheel Whistle ... Lets hear em!!! - Page 10 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-2010 LMM Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 07 and up LMM Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 AM   eBay Motors  #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackyoudip View Post
Yes because cell phone laws get enforced here and I don't like driving my truck around like an idiot while video taping too much. Also i dont have anythin to record video except my iphone and dont plan to buy a video camera any time soon. The only out side vid I had was terrible because my 13 year old brother was the one who was driving and I was honestly nervous as hell. I don't have that turbo anymore so I can't make any better if I tried.
lol my little brother (15) had to drive my turck onto a tow truck the other day when i was at work. i was paranoid all day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 AM   eBay Motors  #92 (permalink)
Stupid Has The Balls
Supporting Member

Fast forward to 4:40 and listen to the sexiness.

Some Expensive Parts, Good Times, Busted Knuckles, Long Nights and Fancy Gauges So I Can Watch While I Blow Things Up

Special Thanks To Ben Tyler at BT DieselWorks, LLC. For All The Help and Hard Work

Odyssey25013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 01:04 PM   eBay Motors  #93 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackyoudip View Post
Yes because cell phone laws get enforced here and I don't like driving my truck around like an idiot while video taping too much. Also i dont have anythin to record video except my iphone and dont plan to buy a video camera any time soon. The only out side vid I had was terrible because my 13 year old brother was the one who was driving and I was honestly nervous as hell. I don't have that turbo anymore so I can't make any better if I tried.
Lol Mack that was a old post, i didnt even know your name then...plus you already replied to that post and put up other vids of the ford and when yoou blew black smoke everywhere Check Page 7
08' LMM CC SB SLE Z-71 4x4| Tekonsha P3| B&W Turnover| Tow Mirrors| POR 15| EDGE Insight CTS| AMSOIL| Diamond EYE 3" DP/ 4" DE QT Exhaust w/ muffler| PCV Reroute| Batmowheel| EGR Delete| LB7 Uppipe| EFI Live| LED Reverse/Cargo light| RetroSolutions 5k HID's| FX-R 3.0 Retrofit| Billet Valve Plugs| PCV & Resonator Plugs| Bills Custom Intake

Future Mods: 52 gal Titan Tank| FASS 150|Reverse camera| Audio Overhaul|Sound dampening kit| Weather Tech| Denali Grill| LML Denali bumper| LML Manifold| LML Step rails| Hood Vent| EGT Probe| Corsa Muffler| Tie Rods/ Sleeves.....
StealthBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 08:52 PM   eBay Motors  #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDMax89 View Post
You sure? 30 hp by porting the stock intake horn? How did you come up with that.... Did you dyno before and after? I did it before on my old LB7 and definitely did not notice a 30 hp gain... It made it sound a little louder but that's it...
The porting and polishing I did on the exhaust and intake side is what yielded 30hp, not just the intake horn. A friend of mine was nice enough to jump on dyno before and after installing the turbo; it also ran a 12.30 on the track. It woke it up pretty good and moves.

I'm not a tuner by any means; just from my reading it seems higher EGT's can be caused by more air, but again I'm not pro.

Yellowchevy

2003 LB7 White Dually
Pyro, Back Pressure, Boost Gauge, Home made intake
Dual Kennedy lift pumps and Mega filter
EFI Live DSP 5 (Homemade)
Bully Dog 4in SS exhaust
1st set of injectors, 37k, 2nd at 90k
Built Transmission - PPE Stage 5 built by me, so far so good
II S366 Turbo
yellowchevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 PM   eBay Motors  #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy_lbz View Post
i believe he ment the turbo itself. there is no way your egt's could be higher due to more air flow. egts get high when there isn't enough air. thats why alot of people like twin set ups, keeps egts low due to all the air flow.
I did mean the turbo, not just the intake horn.
I don't know what else it could have been. The only thing I changed was swapping out the stock turbo for the ported and polished one I did and EGT's were higher. Again I'm not a tuning expert.

Yellowchevy

2003 LB7 White Dually
Bully Dog 4in SS exhaust
II S366 Turbo
Old 11-24-2012, 12:58 PM   eBay Motors  #96 (permalink)

Here is my lb7 with bills 4.5 and batmo. had tune set on tow and was half throttle.

EFI LIVE with Max Effort from ATP TRUCKS, 5" MBRP with DPF delete, SDP EGR delete tube, S&B, PCV reroute, Airdog II 165, Edge Insite CTS, Glowshift boost & fuel psi, Transgo Jr., BDS 4.5, Cognito UCA, Ready Lift keys, 35 x 12.5 nitto mt, 20 x 8.5 rockstars
bamadiesel..WFO!! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 03:35 PM   eBay Motors  #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadiesel..WFO!! View Post
Here is my lb7 with bills 4.5 and batmo. had tune set on tow and was half throttle.

my truck - YouTube
Sounds good

Yellowchevy

2003 LB7 White Dually
Bully Dog 4in SS exhaust
II S366 Turbo
Old 11-25-2012, 09:33 AM   eBay Motors  #98 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

sounds nice man! I need to get me BCI soon!
08' LMM CC SB SLE Z-71 4x4| Tekonsha P3| B&W Turnover| Tow Mirrors| POR 15| EDGE Insight CTS| AMSOIL| Diamond EYE 3" DP/ 4" DE QT Exhaust w/ muffler| PCV Reroute| Batmowheel| EGR Delete| LB7 Uppipe| EFI Live| LED Reverse/Cargo light| RetroSolutions 5k HID's| FX-R 3.0 Retrofit| Billet Valve Plugs| PCV & Resonator Plugs| Bills Custom Intake

Future Mods: 52 gal Titan Tank| FASS 150|Reverse camera| Audio Overhaul|Sound dampening kit| Weather Tech| Denali Grill| LML Denali bumper| LML Manifold| LML Step rails| Hood Vent| EGT Probe| Corsa Muffler| Tie Rods/ Sleeves.....
StealthBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.