HP/TQ gains from just removing DPF and MBRP 4" - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-2010 LMM Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 07 and up LMM Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 12:55 AM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

He probably also tuned it. They were giving stock tunes with dpf turned off mileage

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide App
my "build" thread
Raptor color match thread
ATP Trucks
lddrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 12:28 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

I have done exactly this on mine. Diamond Eye 4" with muffler, deleted dpf and shutoff egr. I have not noticed any great increases in mpg, although we are getting into winter fuel and longer idle warmups. I have tracked every tank since I bought the truck in Oct 2011 (81k mi), deleted in Nov 2012 (101k mi). I am trying to see if there is any significant change before I buy some tuning, but have a feeling the tuning will do more for mpg than eliminating regens and exhaust restrictions.
bb_max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 01:03 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Biggest thing is cooler EGT's and maybe better throttle response and mileage, less back pressure should let the turbo spool a little better.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:41 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

If I remember correctly, my LMM did 310hp stock with DPF and everything. With the 5" straight pipe (no tuning yet) it did 330hp. All my truck did without a tune though was back out of the first garage bay and pull into the next where it dynoed. I think you'll run into issues if you delete the DPF and don't tune it.

2009 GMC Duramax Diesel ECSB 4x4 - EFI Live by Relentless Diesel Performance, EGR blocked, 5" turbo back, Autometer boost & pyro, BMF Novakanes, Toyo AT2s, color matched, debadged, t-bars lowered, 2" drop shackles, Recon cab lights, UWS toolbox, Cobra 29 CB
Jday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.