EPA Fines/Edge/H&S/VIN#'s - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-2010 LMM Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 07 and up LMM Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 09:28 AM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

The VIN doesn't matter with EFI anyway since EFI pairs the license with a unique ECM identifier not the VIN number.
The VIN in my ECM doesn't match (not sure why but my first tuner did that) and has never caused me any issues.
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ air cleaner, Profab intake, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece, Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater

Last edited by MTL_Dmax; 02-25-2013 at 09:42 AM.
MTL_Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 09:38 AM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

if they come look at my truck based on my vin they will see a stock truck lol

2011 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LML
BDS/BMF/Toyo/Pioneer/Alpine/Edge and some more
My Build Thread
2011 Chevy Tahoe
WildChevys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 12:13 PM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

h948A37E8.jpg
MY Build
Need or Want Tuning for your Duramax, click Below
FC5452 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 12:24 PM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)
812-344-4421

I feel the time that would be involved to track down every individual would be to much to be worthwhile. H&S used to sell 3,000+ units a month, now do the math for 4-5 years worth of sales. Catching people at inspection stations would really be the only feasible option imo.
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 PM   eBay Motors  #25 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

thats 180,000 plus lol

2011 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LML
BDS/BMF/Toyo/Pioneer/Alpine/Edge and some more
My Build Thread
2011 Chevy Tahoe
WildChevys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 12:36 PM   eBay Motors  #26 (permalink)
812-344-4421

I feel those figures are probably on the low side based on the demand they saw the last half of 2012. Those number were from early 2012.
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM   eBay Motors  #27 (permalink)

Good thing i own a lb7, it is insane what the government has been up to lately.
also, why does the epa care if there are 9000 trucks rolling around that are equivalent to a 2004? lets go look at india, china, and mexico. It seems at this point 9000 trucks running around at 2004 spec is the least of The EPAs problems. How many trucks did gm sell in 04, at this rate why doesn't the epa just ban all trucks without cats or dpf systems lol. They seem to forget how many trucks were never sold with these emissions systems and such.
2004 LB7 Extended cab short bed 4x4 LT with EFI Live, Fass 150, AFE exhaust and Edge insight cs. S&B intake H2's with km2 33s straight center link with rcx sleeves.JR Retrofit HIDs Thank you to Wisconsinhick1 and http://www.atptrucks.com

Last edited by Camoedoutlander; 02-25-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Camoedoutlander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 01:35 PM   eBay Motors  #28 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

They are getting ridiculous!! Even chainsaws are coming with catalytic converters on them these days, and electronic carbs, some are even dabbling in fuel injection. All for a small 2-stroke in the hands of a consumer (consumer saws far outsell commercial use saws) The big polluters cant afford to fix their issues so they pass the blame to small sources (diesel pickups, chainsaws) that make up a small corner of the market and make them pay and the manufacturers pay for something that has little overall impact, BUT it makes it look like they are doing something (everyone sees clean trucks or saws, not many see the stacks of a coal plant clean up) and that makes the greenies feel good about the EPA.
It's all politics and a panel of environmental loonies pushing an agenda that ends up hurting the common people in the short run without many long term benefits.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:02 PM   eBay Motors  #29 (permalink)
the SLEDGEHAMMER
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildChevys View Post
thats 180,000 plus lol
at $3750 per violation, thats $675,000,000 in fines...even on the low end, thats close enough to a billion dollars for the government to care...APPLE COW thats a lot of cash lol.

Last edited by TDFDiesel; 02-25-2013 at 02:21 PM.
2500-HD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 06:50 PM   eBay Motors  #30 (permalink)

Edge info

I just talked to Edge today regarding this matter, at this point edge has to offer you a replacement of your product for a legal non DPF delete programmer and proof of the truck being put back to stock must be presented to them! In the next 30-60 days the EPA is going to tell edge what they have to offer people for an amount to buy back the programmers which they said should be MSRP not the current jacked up prices. Once this is passed over to edge and try have contacted the users of the product you have 18 months to turn over your equip after that edge HS no responsibility to the item and will offer no trade no buy back and NO SUPPORT!!! I hope this is some help
08LMM08LMM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.