Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

California upgrade???

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  SilverGorillaLML 
#1 ·
I have a 2007.5 LMM 2500 crew cab short bed that im wanting to put 5" straight pipe dp back and do the dpf and egr delete. Since i live in California ill need to be able to swap the exhaust and be able to completely remove the programmer from the computer. I dont really want efi live because i will have to take it to a shop to get my computer flashed to stock from what i have heard. I want to do it all myself. So ideas on any kits or setups would be great. Looking to spend no more than $1000. Thanks guys.

#2 ·
You can flash back to stock with EFI yourself. Read & save your stock tune on your computer, then load the tunes on the Autocal & flash to truck

#4 ·
Sure can. Post a thread in the vendor price request section & give a description of what you want. Someone on the site will hook you up

#5 ·
yes you want efi but I would suggest you get a dpf delete pipe only and maybe a cat delete also. only because it is very easy to swap pipes vs the whole exhaust. You also might want to leave the egr alone and just tune it closed. You could put a blocker plate in but its kind of sucks if you need to swap back and forth. Taking the egr out is almost a one time deal with all the work

#6 ·
Where in california are you located ? ive never had a problem and i have been stoped by highway patrol and by the city cops without a hint of the delete . I just shut off the truck as soon as i pull over and DONT DRIVE LIKE A JERK

#9 ·
PM a site vendor on here for emission delete tuning & delete pipe.

#8 ·
money talks when you go to the right smog guy.....
i would recxomend idaho rob , kory , duramax tuner .... someone that has a good repuration and customer service . Dont get your tunes from a guy that does that for fun...
a 90hp tune should be nice and a lift pump

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.