Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Another install @ SDP

44K views 351 replies 35 participants last post by  blackdeath 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the truck up there yesterday....cold there chatting in front of the shop. I'll have to say Scott is as nice a guy in person as he is here on the forum. Should be picking it up by Thursday with a load of stock parts in the bed.
Driving his truck made me miss my LB7, but mostly I now see what I've missed all these years.....boost! Water/meth and tons of fuel is fun, but it's clear there is nothing better than more air....soon I will have some of my own.
Pics and vids to follow.

#73 · (Edited)
That was Rob's big twin tune, and as for boost, I'm not sure. I have the Fleece turbo brake controller, and it also has the turbo vane position knob which will increase or decrease boost. I didn't think about it all excited and all, and it was turned up a bit. The guage was pegged at 60psi for a bit, so not really sure what it was. I'm thinking a fair amount, as half the liner is gone.
I have another boot installed...and the boost adjustment DOWN. Now I need the roads to dry out again. I know the tires won't hold in the rain on that tune, it pulls HARD.

#74 ·
I tell you...the noise that boot made was a hell of a lot louder than what the video shows.....

#75 ·
Any reason you went with Rob's big twin tune instead of small twins? Just wondering since i will have to get him to update my current tunes when my bundle of joy shows up!

#79 ·
That's right. Advertised at over 600rwhp. Feels like it.

#77 ·
haha hopefully nothing goes wrong on this 2nd video!!

#78 · (Edited)
You mean like getting pulled over, or maybe blowing out the window washer bottle, stuff like that?:eek:

#81 ·
Verry nice!!! Im sure you just about sh!$ yourself when that boot blew lol. Cant wait for some more vids!!!!!

#82 ·
Back up and running. I'll try some more shots tomorrow.

#84 ·
i will be waiting.

#86 ·
lucky ass i talked to him and he says mine goes out the end of next week for powdercoating

#99 · (Edited)
it's a real biaatcchh when your 46......

#98 · (Edited)
Sorry to say, but my camera is gone till Sunday. Not that it matters too much as the roads are soaked, and traction is at a minimum. Took her out today anyway, and still seeing 60 psi plus, so not sure what the max is. This was with the Fleece turned all the way down, but I think tomorrow I'll try it without the fleece connected to see what I might get. With the big tune the billet 475 is insane. It rails right up to the max and pulls real hard. When things dry out I'll know more. Maybe I'll put something up with the phone if it dries up at all.

#101 · (Edited)
Got most of the home list done today, so I'll try for some vids tomorrow. I want to mess with the fleece unit too, to see if indeed the set up lives at 60 plus psi...i need different guages and a triple pod for my drive pressure. Here are some pics. Truck was washed today, so it's worthy now.

Attachments

#102 ·
A few more....

Attachments

#108 ·
Sweet still waiting on more vids every time i get on here and see new posts in this thread i get excited :happy1. Go get that camera and shoot some vids :rockin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.