Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

skid plates for 2011-2014 trucks

42K views 71 replies 24 participants last post by  churchy 
#1 ·
I have been unable to find anything other than DEF skid plates for trucks newer than 2010. It seems that they have fallen out of fashion, at least with the 2500/3500 trucks.

Has anyone found sources for aftermarket skid plates for these trucks? I need them for a non-lifted truck (as I actually take mine off road).

#2 ·
You can get factory skid plates from dealer

#3 ·
Look up 01dmaxunit27, he is a forum member and has some on Ebay.

#4 ·
I was planning to see what the cost was for the GM NZZ skid plate set from the local Chevy dealer. I thought I could find this for sale online but had no success. OEM is certainly better than nothing.

#5 ·
oem stuff is really cheap i think i paid 28.00 for the main plate that covers front diff and pan. and the tcase shieid was 12.00 the bolts were 9.00

#6 ·
Thanks for the information. The part that seems most vulnerable is the Allison external filter.

#7 ·
This is what the 2013 factory skid plate option gives you. It loos like you get the one under the front differential and the small one that protects the transfer case. The Allison filter is still pretty exposed.

#8 ·
#9 ·
I custom made my own skid plate for my truck, mainly cause I didn't like the cheap plastic one that was provided to protect the all important cooler lines, radiator hoses and steering components. I would attach a pic but I keep getting a error message when trying to upload.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
Thanks Dmaxunit27, I got the one on ebay to replace my plastic one the dealer broke doing the oilpump swap. Here are a few pics. It also includes the brackets to hold up the radiator hose as well.

#13 ·
Not a problem. This was a great product and I really liked the heavy duty mounting tabs welded on. I did get stainless button head bolts and it looks great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#14 ·
Can someone send me the link to these skid plates?

#20 ·
Do you have any more of these that will fit a 2011 3500?

#22 ·
Ive now ran a "test" of the plate. Wound up smacking a small buck last week. With the new bumper and the plate, pretty much an up and over affair. No dents, nothing destroyed but loads of hair and blood. Took the truck and the deer into town, dropped off bambi with highway dept and washed the truck down. No worries. The deer are starting to move now its getting cooler. Be careful ya'll.

#24 ·
What are the specs on the plates ? Looks like thin aluminum but I cant tell. I have a 2011 as well. My prior chevys had a 3/8 aluminum and a steel plate I ordered from the factory. I remember one time I drove over a huge stump in a field, thank god they were on there. thats what I would like to add to my LML. My plastic skid plates wont do a thing except push grass down.

#27 · (Edited)
skid plate

I have some for both the 07-10 and 11-up 2500 series trucks.
Mine are made out of 1/4" thick polished alum. tread plate.
They are $139 and free shipping.
Here are a few pics.

We will be making other skid plates for the trucks soon.
If you have a skid plate that needs to made for anything else - pm me

Attachments

#30 ·
I have some for both the 07-10 and 11-up 2500 series trucks.
Mine is made out of 1/4" thick polished alum. tread plate.
They are $139 and free shipping.
Here are a few pics.

We will be making other skid plates for the trucks soon.
If you have a skid plate that needs to made for anything else - pm me

I've got one of Rhino's skids and it's pure beef. It was a perfect replacement for my roached out plastic skid. I would highly recommend them.

#28 ·
If I want to get everything offroad ready. What are the part numbers that I can give to my dealer to get all the skid plates I need?

#33 ·
X2, nice quality and love the bracket to hold the factory hoses. I was hoping you would make more skid plates to replace bad factory stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.