Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Oil Filter Collapse?!?!

10K views 50 replies 19 participants last post by  oscyjack 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever seen this? It happened the morning to me. I have to wait until tomorrow for Chevrolet Roadside Assistance to take the truck to the dealer.

Attachments

See less See more
#40 ·
Sounds like junk yokes to me.
I wondered this same thing on mine. When I moved my truck so the wrecker could get to it I found the front yoke was split in half. I laid one half in the bed of my truck and it went to the dealer with the truck but later that day I found the other half and still have it. When I picked up my truck the half I had laid in the bed of the truck was gone. Evidently when mine came apart the torque took out the drivetrain.

I hope the OP has some info on his truck soon.

#43 ·
Glad you got it figured out! Do they have a reason why the u joint failed so early?

#47 ·
Did hear a story of a guy who had a dirt track car around here that had a Fram oil filter suck shut.

Combination of a cold startup, thick oil, and high flow oil pump.

I had thought the filter would be under pressure instead, but maybe given the circumstances?

Apparently changed to the filter he'd regularly run with and never had the problem again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.