At what mileage did you decide to delete? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

At what mileage did you decide to delete?

I was just curious when everyone finally decided to delete their truck...Did you do right off the bat, wait a little bit until the "mod-bug" finally bit you, or were you actually able to hold off until your warranty was up?

2016 Silverado 2500 at 107 miles on the odometer...with the window sticker still on, and before the first regen.

2013 Sierra 2500 at about 10K on the odometer.

I bought my 2016 Silverado 2500 with 10 miles on the odometer, and deleted her with 107 miles on the odometer. I specifically tried not to drive her until I got all the EGR delete parts together. She now sports a SDP EGR delete, Deviant up-pipe, MBRP downpipe, MBRP 5" T409 straight pipe exhaust, and EFI Live tunes by Kory Willis. As soon as the her first "dealership paid for" tank of diesel is finally gone, I will be installing her new SDP CP3, FASS 150 lift pump, FASS sump, and Nictane CAT adapter.

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z-71 LTZ CCSB (Silver Ice Metallic)
MBRP / EFI Live (Kory Willis) / SDP / Deviant / S&B / EDGE / Speedhut / AutoMeter / ProFormance / Deleted / Re-Routed
Awaiting Install: Cognito UCA Kit / SDP CP3 Pump & Conversion Kit / FASS 150 Lift Pump / FASS Sump / Nicktane / EZ Oil Drain Valve / GM Chrome Delete / GM Assist Steps
My Silver Ice Metallic LML Build Thread

2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax Z-71 SLE CCSB (Quicksilver Metallic)(SOLD)
Cognito / BDS / FOX Racing / BMF / Nitto / MBRP / Rare Parts / EFI Live (Kory Willis) / EDGE / FASS / S&B / Speedhut / AutoMeter / Deviant / Mag Hytec / Nicktane / WeatherTech / Line-X / TranSynd / Amsoil / Deleted / Re-Routed / Sumped / Front & Rear Camera / Tinted 360 Degrees
My Quicksilver LML Build Thread

Last edited by Invictus Duramax; 04-25-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 07:40 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

I waited till about 500 miles only due to placing the tunes order too late.
Invictus Duramax likes this.

2016 Denali HD iridium metallic- led fog lights, pisk, led license plate lights, weathertech floor mats, windows tinted, tool box, ad2 4g, cts2,color matched billet front gmc, debadge tailgate,mbrp downpipe,5" exhaust, banks cai, kw tunes,amp steps, trans tune, shortened antena even with the roof, titan fuel tank, paint matched mirrors, pcv rerout, kryptonite tie rods, 37x12.5 nitto m/t, nictane adapter with uhe filter,

shortly: full egr delete, turbo, wc intake setup, order pro fab man/ups,unlock radio/navigation features, lift 6" with 40"s.

sold 2/2016-2012 Denali HD
post #3 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 07:43 PM

Getting ready to delete mine this week a little over 10k on the clock

post #4 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by St130x View Post
Getting ready to delete mine this week a little over 10k on the clock
I deleted my '13 with about 10k...if this is your first delete, my tips are PB Blaster, a GOOD 6 point socket, breaker bar, and some sort of cheater bar. My first bolt took me about an hour and I ripped the skin off my palm...then I got my removable handle from my motorcycle stand and slipped it over the breaker bar, had my beautiful redhead hold the socket on the bolt head, and the other two came off on the first pull...easy as pie.
SilverGorillaLML likes this.

MBRP / EFI Live (Kory Willis) / SDP / Deviant / S&B / EDGE / Speedhut / AutoMeter / ProFormance / Deleted / Re-Routed
Awaiting Install: Cognito UCA Kit / SDP CP3 Pump & Conversion Kit / FASS 150 Lift Pump / FASS Sump / Nicktane / EZ Oil Drain Valve / GM Chrome Delete / GM Assist Steps

Cognito / BDS / FOX Racing / BMF / Nitto / MBRP / Rare Parts / EFI Live (Kory Willis) / EDGE / FASS / S&B / Speedhut / AutoMeter / Deviant / Mag Hytec / Nicktane / WeatherTech / Line-X / TranSynd / Amsoil / Deleted / Re-Routed / Sumped / Front & Rear Camera / Tinted 360 Degrees
post #5 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 09:55 PM

I waited until 32k and I wish I did it sooner. After 3 months in the shop for number 2 nox sensor, 3 egr replacements, and replacement def tank I got sick of the shit and pulled the trigger. Not a problem since 4 years later and 82k miles.

2011 Chevrolet Crewcab 2500HD Duramax 4X4 Z71
Airaid Synthaflow, H&S Mini MAX w/ Kory's tunes, Diamond Eye Down Pipe, AFE 4" with muffler, EGR Disconnected, H&S Pyro with PCH board pre-turbo, Bilstein 5100's front and rear, Sylvania ZXE high and low beams, PUTCO 6000k Fog Lights, All on light mod, Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Weather Tech floor mats, Duplicolor Bedliner Undercoating
post #6 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 02:58 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

7500km and 15000km. Should have been sooner!

2015.5 GMC Denali ccsb white
4" Rancho lift
20x9 black fuel Mavericks
295 60 20 toyo mt's
Motor ops tunes
5" flo pro no muffler
3m wrapped front and rocker panels
2015 gmc sle ecsb black
275 70 18 toyo mt's
New style 18" wheels
5" flo pro no muffler motors ops tunes
post #7 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 03:41 PM
AJH
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus Duramax View Post
I was just curious when everyone finally decided to delete their truck...Did you do right off the bat, wait a little bit until the "mod-bug" finally bit you, or were you actually able to hold off until your warranty was up?

2016 Silverado 2500 at 107 miles on the odometer...with the window sticker still on, and before the first regen.

2013 Sierra 2500 at about 10K on the odometer.

I bought my 2016 Silverado 2500 with 10 miles on the odometer, and deleted her with 107 miles on the odometer. I specifically tried not to drive her until I got all the EGR delete parts together. She now sports a SDP EGR delete, Deviant up-pipe, MBRP downpipe, MBRP 5" T409 straight pipe exhaust, and EFI Live tunes by Kory Willis. As soon as the her first "dealership paid for" tank of diesel is finally gone, I will be installing her new SDP CP3, FASS 150 lift pump, FASS sump, and Nictane CAT adapter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroz2866 View Post
I waited till about 500 miles only due to placing the tunes order too late.

How was soot accumulation in the intake having deleted at 3 different mileages that I feel accurately represent when people would delete besides the wait on the warranty crowd. Before a regan then with 500miles/1 regan and then with many.

Adam

2008 GMC RCLB 6.0/6l90e stock for now
Gone
2006 Chevy CCSB
Moonshine, Trans, Supporting mods
2005 Chevy RCLB
Ppe hot race,leveled, 35x12.50s on h2s
post #8 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJH View Post
How was soot accumulation in the intake having deleted at 3 different mileages that I feel accurately represent when people would delete besides the wait on the warranty crowd. Before a regan then with 500miles/1 regan and then with many.
For my two times, there was already accumulation built. Obviously the 2016 with 107 miles wasn't very much, but there was enough there to make the surface completely black. You could run the soft part of your finger on it and it would come off and you could see metal. As for the 2013 at about 10k, there was enough there that was unsettling, and you couldn't just run the soft part of your finger on it to see metal, you actually had to take your nail and scrape it off...and I guess depending on how short your nails are, you might have to make two scrapes at it, like I did. Hopefully that analogy kind of describes it for you.

post #9 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 10:42 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

deleted last month with 6500 miles!

2015.5 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Z71 CCSB SRW. Summit White
BDS 4.5 w/FOX-Fuel Maverick 20x10s
Toyo R/T 35x12.50
PPEI Tuned, 5" exhaust, Airdog 4G, PPEI intake, EDGE CTS

SOLD 03 2500 built trans/efi/leveled
1972 Nova Built 350 w/ 700r4
1966 Mustang 5.0 efi T-5 scca track car
1984 K10 400hp sbc on 40s
1999 gmc 2500 - daily
2010 Caddi CTS - ol ladies ride
post #10 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 09:37 AM

At 146k when the def tank heater went bad.

2013 Silverado 3500 CCLB LTZ DRW 4x4
Motor Ops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode