Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2013 Turbo problems

10K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jstaffon 
#1 ·
For starters my truck is a 2013 with 37,500 miles.

So last night I changed the oil in my truck. When I got finished doing that, I decided that under the hood was getting a little grimy so I took the garden hose and sprayed the motor off and all underneath the hood. Started it up and parked it. This morning went to leave to go to work and left the house and the truck sounded a little funny to me, sure enough 2 miles down the I got the reduced engine power warning. I checked the codes with my CTS and they were P003A and P2565. I tried clearing them and they both came back, then I noticed the truck seemed to sound better and had a little more power so I cleared the codes and only the P003A came back? I put the turbo vane position PID on my CTS and it showed the vanes moving but they didn't seem real consistent?

Something obviously got wet...
what would you do if you were me?

#2 ·
I have hosed my truck off quite a few times and never noticed anything. I don't go crazy, but I do clean it off. I would think checking to see if everything is dry under the hood and make sure no connectors got full of water.

#3 ·
Really funny you say that. I always clean under the hood of my truck.

Last summer I did on my 2013 F350 on day and the following day I blew a turbo... Warranty covered it no problem though, not sure if it was water related or a coincidence.

#7 · (Edited)
I haven't used much water under the hood except to rinse off DEF spots after filling the reservoir. However, I have done some light sprays in the past (not during the time when I've been seeing these codes) using Simple Green as a solvent to get dirt and stuff off the plastic parts and hood insulator panel (or whatever that pad is called on the underside of the hood). Do you do anything special when using the solvent? I would think the solvent would get into connectors easier than water.

#5 ·
My 13 threw the p2599 code the other day after a 500 mile trip out to danville performance towing 17k pounds. A little over half way home towing the same weight it threw the code. I cleared it with my cts and drove the rest of the way home. 2 days later towing to a sled pull it threw it aga in after 165 miles. Cleared it and haven't seen it again so far. Never had a problem till I changed my oil before I left for danville. What oil are you using? I'm using mobil delvac.

#6 ·
I'm beginning to see the same code (P2599) along with the P2263 from time to time. I'm currently and started using Mobil 1 Delvac from the first oil change. Same as your oil except mine is the full synthetic. I'd be surprised if it was related to the oil you're using. My truck throws the code(s) when I'm pulling a 10K lbs 5th wheel in the mountains of Arizona about 2000 miles into my trip. Seems to happen every year since 2015. Did you ever resolve your problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.