Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

DPF clogged? Should I delete? HELP

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  redwngr 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 2500. On a trip this past weekend and got the "cleaning exhaust filter keep driving" message. It kept giving me this message repeatedly. Next day , same thing then got the "engine power reduced" message. i was 300 miles from home pulling a trailer. Needless to say the trip home was miserable! All of my research tells me the dpf is clogged. I have 97000 miles on the truck. All my mechanic friends say I have to take it to the dealer so I called and they said bring it in and we'll check it out and let you know if it will be covered under warranty. I think they already know that its not but just want the 112.50 check out fee.

I need input and opinions. Should I just delete the emissions and get a tuner kit? I will probably have this truck til the wheels fall off, so i'm not to worried about trading or selling. Which tuner kit and pipes? I don't want to squeeze every last bit of hp out of it or anything. Its a daily driver and better mpg's is preferable.

Guys, I'm lost. Give me some pros and cons and options. Also in Atl so recomendations for local shops would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Delete it. PM a vendor on here for emissions delete tuning & exhaust.

#3 ·
I agree

#4 ·
No brainer...you will not regret deleting it

~the Captain

2016 Chevy 2500Hd, PPEI tuned, CAT back exhaust, 2.5" Zone Level Kit, Moto Metal 970 wheels/Nitto Terra Grapler G2's, Custom Cab lights, LED Fogs, Resonator deleted

#5 ·
That close to the warranty being up, I wouldn't think twice. Delete that $hit.

#6 ·
Or...have GM replace DPF under warranty, sell new DPF after they put it on and use money to delete and tune.

~the Captain

2016 Chevy 2500Hd, PPEI tuned, CAT back exhaust, 2.5" Zone Level Kit, Moto Metal 970 wheels/Nitto Terra Grapler G2's, Custom Cab lights, LED Fogs, Resonator deleted

#8 ·
Call James at Rollin Smoke Diesel. Great guy, very informative, great prices and customer service. All ypu really need is the CAT back delete pipe and tuner. 1 219 851 1195

~the Captain

#9 ·
Unless your local shop doesn't mind doing some work "not by the book" most shops won't touch the emission equipment....I just pulled the trigger on mine....got my programmer from ridge runner and my exhaust from thoroughbred diesel.....I can't wait!!! Fix it once and don't worry about it again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.