LML Pop then gush of wind loss of power - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

LML Pop then gush of wind loss of power

Driving to work turbo spooling up then I hear a single POP then a gush of wind (like you would disconnect an airhose from a compressor) Driving I do have loss of power, and now it is giving me P0299. I Checked the hoses from what I can see (engine is real hot right now) and the charge hose (replaced month ago) looks ok. Anyone have any recommendations as to where to look? Goosing it on the eway doing 65+ turbo will only show 2.6 PSI I don't hear the turbo spooling up. Even on the driveway if you goose it I never hear the turbo spool up when it rev's over 2500 RPM. I'm waiting for the engine to cool a bit anyone have pointers or ideas of what to look at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:02 PM

Sounds like you popped an intercooler boot. P0299 is underboost code which if you have a boost leak will pop.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:08 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
If the top is visually intact, then the bottom end at the CAC blew off/apart.
You'll need to pull the inner fender liner for easy access to it. It would make sense too if it was recently replaced and the clamps didn't get sufficiently tight.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
If the top is visually intact, then the bottom end at the CAC blew off/apart.
You'll need to pull the inner fender liner for easy access to it. It would make sense too if it was recently replaced and the clamps didn't get sufficiently tight.
Is it possible to over tighten the clamps?
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:31 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
If they snap, yes.
Sometimes, you don't get the pipe positioned right, add a little bit loose clamp and Pop!
Scares ya don't it?

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Ok the Charge Pipe Drivers side is tight no issues there. Took it off and re-tightened it but turbo still does not spool. :-( still trying to look any other ideas?
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:51 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Odd. Usually that's the source.

Boost leak test.
You can build your own with a few items from the plumbing aisle (bushing, tees, gauge, ect.) and compressed air.

post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

OK so with the Truck in 4wd TC off and everything like that. In reverse if you goose it With parking brake and foot to floor on brakes for a second you hear a woosh sound when under load and it sounds likes it coming from under or near the resonator area (black piece that has the Duramax 6.6L on it)

Ideas?
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

How bad is it to drive the truck in its current state where it is not building boost and I'm just running off just engine power? Asking as I need to get to and from work.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:32 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Go easy on it. Temps will Be high
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode