Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Duramaxtuner Tuned 2016 LML

24K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  DoubleTime 
#1 ·
I'll keep this short. Just installed the spade tuner / duramaxtuner that I purchased from thoroughbreddiesel on cyber monday.

Loaded it up and set it to "Sport Econ" mode.. :gearjamin

Transmission feels like its still learning or adjusting to the tune, but the power increase was way more than I expected. I can only imagine what the hotter tunes feel like.
I have had a lot of seat time in a tuned, exhaust, intake LB7, and I've got to say that this LML on sport econ tune alone "feels" just as fast. After I get a lift pump and something to monitor EGT's I'll try bumping it up to the hotter tunes. I would love to do a full delete, but with the amount of cops and random smog BS going on in CA I think I'll leave it smog compliant for the time being.

How long after tuning does the transmission take to learn or become adjusted?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Theres no specified time for the allison to relearn tunes.power levels. Go easy on her for a few days, and i try to go up and down all the gears including manual and tow haul at even speeds from 20% throttle right on up through to 80%. I usually go down one of our secondary highways and go 1-6 and back down again at different throttle angles. Insight CTS can command a tranny relearn as well. Thats what i do when i switch tunes

Reactions: 916ZL1
#5 ·
I believe that the spade tuner is just another name for the autocal and they are EFI live tunes.

Reactions: r33pwrd
#4 ·
Out of my 5 tunes i also seem to get the best mileage on my 90 horse street tune... seems to be fairly common that the hotter tunes net better mileage, essentially my eco tune is useless lol. If i could do it again i would have just ordered a single tune on my autocal, haven't used the other 4 in almost a year

#8 · (Edited)
According to my conversation with Steve from MotorOps, the Hot Street tune is the same as the Sport/Econ tune, but without the defueling at shifts. To me I preferred the Hot Street to the Sport/Econ tune as it seems to be a smoother tune and less turbo lag.

For those that don't know - MotorOps is Duramax Tuner's Canadian cousin that Nick will send you to if you decide to step over to the Dark Side and delete.

Reactions: zeake and AlisoBob
#16 ·
According to my conversation with Steve from MotorOps, the Hot Street tune is the same as the Sport/Econ tune, but without the defueling at shifts. To me I preferred the Hot Street to the Sport/Econ tune as it seems to be a smoother tune and less turbo lag.
I just pumped up my LML tune from the Sport tune to the Hot Street tune after seeing this post.

YES!!! Way smoother, and the transmission strategy is much better.

The paperwork included in my purchase, doesnt even list the "Hot Street" tune option.

Duramaxtuner needs to update all their info.

#15 ·
any more updates on this tuner after having it installed for 5 months? looking into keeping emissions and running this tuner.

thx.

#19 ·
Fiancé n I have had their tuning with TCM tune for about 3 months. I stay on heavy tow and she stay on sport as we don't have lift pumps. Very happy with tuning. I got same mpg driving back from DT with lb7 loaded on gooseneck as I did driving up empty stock

#17 ·
it seems they constantly "learn " and are always adjusting. it can be aggravating but if you think about it, they are constatly adjusting to give the best shifting for how you are driving, allison is way ahead in the game

#20 ·
Cops are typically cool as long as you're not being an idiot. In fact most cops in California I know want to delete their own Duramax. As far as the random Smog inspections. They are completely voluntary and they cannot force you to stop. It would in fact be unconstitutional as it would impede your right to travel. It fails the balance courts use for the gov purpose and least restrictive means. Thats how they get away with DUI checkpoints.

#21 ·
Hey man. Are you still running this tuning? If so, are you still pleased? Any problems? I am really interested in going this route. TIA

#24 ·
OK. Other people that are currently running this tuning. Are you completely satisfied with it? Is it a noticeable difference in the truck and it's performance? How many miles do you have on it? Just curious. I am interested in going this route, but oddly enough I can't find too much info on it. Maybe 3 people. Interested in it but nervous as hell to do anything to this truck because of the CP4. It may be a non-issue but I'm pretty sure I would have a stroke if I had to pay for that repair out of my pocket.

#25 ·
I'm running their deleted version on the 150hp Race Tune as a daily driver and love it. If you do get a tune, make sure you get an Edge Insight to monitor your exhaust temps and lift pump because anything other than Optimized Stock you will drain your fuel rails when you get on it - and when you do that you run your CP4 dry, that's when you see CHANGE FUEL FILTER show up on your DIC.

As far as the trans - The King of the Allison Transmission, Mike L. told me just to take it easy for a few days and it'll learn your driving habits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.