Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Flo Pro Downpipe Install

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  FC5452 
#1 ·
So after completing the egr and cooler deletes, ofcourse that ugly looking factory downpipe had to go!

Well, for whatever reason the lower mounting bracket is won't line up with the factory mounting point on the up pipe. 'dunno;

The exhaust itself lines up fine, but the downpipe is pretty much resting on the Allison tranny.

I could make a bracket to tie it in with the factory mounting point but the vibration from the downpipe in the cab would drive me nuts and this isn't right.

Maybe I don't have the v-band clamp on the turbo on properly (did use a buddy to do this as it is near impossible alone)?

Anyone have this fitment issue?

#2 ·
Don't need that tab they welded on there, cut it off or leave it as is. Tighten the v band at the turbo and tighten the clamp at the front pipe.

I run a aftermarket turbo with a 3.5" to 4" down pipe and that thing don't move.
Make sure your seated up top and on the bottom and adjust and tighten and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#3 ·
Well the big issue is the current fitment of the downpipe has it just lightly resting on the tranny. That tab is about an 1.5" from the up pipe mounting point and towards the firewall.

I see the Thoroughbred video says to loosely install the lower bolt to the up pipe mounting hole then align the front pipe and loosely tighten that clamp and then go up top and loosely do the turbo clamp and then tighten each component slowly to ensure leak free fit.

#4 ·
Crawl under there and where the front pipe hanger slides in the transmission mount tweak the support hanger some to adjust the front pipe closer to the frame and adjust the angle as necessary.
You won't need that down pipe tab at all, lots of companies making aftermarket down pipes without it because of fitment issues.
There's not a whole lot of room in there, hence the factory being like a flap jack [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#5 ·
My MBRP downpipe did the same thing. It was right on a trans cooler line. I did what was mentioned above. I loosened the V clamp and hangers, then used a ratchet strap wrapped around my side step to pull it away. Then I retightened everything. I still don't have a lot of clearance, about 1/4". But its not going anywhere. I may take it down all the way and put a small dent in the pipe where it is close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.