Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

code p0201, p0204, p0206, p0207???

30K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Tolan 
#1 ·
i know the codes say injector circuit open, but what does that mean? also code p1261 come up it is manufacturer fuel metering. thanks for any help

#2 ·
Please fill out your signature-- [top "User CP'] We don't know what you drive-!

There are several problems with each series engine-- We can help!

4.5/05 [LLY] had injector connector problems-- a quick stab with a sharp ice pick would make it like new. Free!

#4 ·
Someone will chime in here-- lots of guys have LB7 engines.

Have you had a recent injector work-? a loose connector or a shorted injector wire will cause problems.

Good Luck :)

#5 ·
yea just replaced the injectors a week ago and been having problems ever sence. first it was air in the system and found a pin hole in the fuel line fixed that, then found a pinched o-ring on one of the injectors. when we got it back together it idled real smooth but going down the road the motor was just noisier than before. tonight i unplugged the programmer(banks 6 gun) and drove it. seem to run and shift smoother but the more i drove it the noisier it got(or atleast it seems that way). well on the way home i put it to the floor and it ran up and didn't shift for a few seconds and the went into limp mode with the service engine soon light on. check the codes and that is what come up. when i pulled up to the house it sounded like it was only running on about 4 cylinders. my question is could it be the connections still? thanks

#6 ·
On the LLY engine-- when a injector looses contact, it will go into "Limp" and and set codes. Just like you have-- The Power control module will sense the problem and include all injectors in group A, or group B, what ever the bad injector is on. It will be on 4 cylinders -- runs-- although not very well, and noisy. The RPM will be limited to 2,000 RPM.

Your problem might be a loose connection, or a bad injector. It will have to go back to the shop that did the injectors. A injector balance test may locate the problem.

Good Luck.

#8 ·
What if you know its not injectors I'm have the same problem with my 2002 lb7 I just replace the FICM 2 months ago because I had a crank no start issue and now I have the same codes as this guy it sounds like. (p1261,p0201,p0204,p0206,p0207) And sounds like my truck is running on half the cylinders. could Iv'e possibly got a bad FICM the chances just seem too low. Iv'e also checked all wire plugs and connectors and can't find anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.