Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Edge Insight

14K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  g35_83 
#1 ·
I got my Edge installed today, I was playing around with it and trying to figure out how to trigger a regen. Im not finding it. I was wondering does the lml not allow the insight to trigger a regen? I went through the cts user guide and did what it said to do, but in the diagnostics menu manual regen doesnt come up.... I thought the insight would be able to trigger it....

Sorry i did a search and didnt find anything.

Thanks guys,

Lewis

#3 ·
I see manual regen on my edge cts too. DOn't know how well it works because I dont have a dpf on my lmm

#5 ·
Have the Edge Insight CTS too - As others have said - no manual regen. Mine regens at 43 grams of soot. Have about 15,000 mile son the truck and have not seen a need for a manual regen.

#7 ·
Yes along with about 50 other things you can view

#11 ·
O ok I thought you were talking about changes with the insight itself like computer updates or something... I misunderstood what you said

#27 ·
To perform software updates it must be disconnected from the truck and connected top a lap top or PC USB port.

#13 ·
No the insight is only a monitor it cannot change anything with the truck it can only view stuff... With the LML anyway

#14 ·
Where are you guys mounting yours? Any pics? Ive seen some mount high left corner but I dont care for that location. Would prefer to mount lower left? Does the Insight come with all the mounting hardware or do you have other aftermarket mounting options?

#24 · (Edited)
Did not like the suction cup on the windshield so I used the edge mounts (painted to match the dash):
2007-2010 GM Trucks/SUV Luxury Interior Dash pod. 28302
CTS Dash Pod Adapter Kit - CTS Dash Pod Adapter Kit. 98003

Attachments

#15 ·
The insight comes with a suction cup mounting thing. I just have that in the bottom left corner of the glass nothing fancy

#17 ·
I used apillar pod with bulldog adapter.....insight will slide on offset to one side (because there is only one tab on bullydog or minimax ) allowing room for cables on left side

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

#20 ·
If all you want is the insight for gauges and that's it there's only one cable that plugs into the OBD II port

#21 ·
I mounted it on one of those Garmin style mounts (swivel ball) in the cubby under the A/C controls. It's easy to remove that way and isn't up on the dash.

#22 ·
Thanks! I bought one for my 2010 LMM, specifically because I wanted the Instantaneous fuel economy (like GM provided on the LLY's).

On the LMM instantaneous fuel was not provided, and talking to Edge by phone I learned that they would not be adding the feature. I returned the unit for a refund.

#23 ·
The only problem I had is I found it read way off until I started plugging numbers into the average mileage coach and kinda got it zeroed in on what it should be... Now I don't know if it's needed or if it eventually dials itself in on it's own or not it was just weird how the first two days I had it the instant mileage read perfect even high on regens but now it's like you have to set it yourself and doesn't read accurate on regens. Hope that makes sense

#26 · (Edited)
Works on my 2011 - no change needed. Only thing I did was take off the velcro that was attached for mounting and purchased some exterior grade double sticky tape at Lowe's for mounting. Provided a tighter fit. Have been using for over a year and it has stuck in place.

You can take the fuse box cover off and take it to a paint store to get matching paint (took mine to Lowe"s). You will need some primer for plastic to put on first. I had paint left over from my 2005 that was almost a perfect match so I used it.

I needed a software update when I got it. If I used my remote start and let it run for 3-5 minutes the monitor would not "wake" up. Had top unplug and plug back in to get it to work. Only took Edge support one day to give me the software fix.

#28 ·
I'll look into that mount. One thing on mine, the red light that is supposed to indicate a regen doesn't come on. I monitor EGT's 1 and 4 and soot level so I really didn't notice when it stopped working. Could it be a software thing?

#29 ·
You could set the regeneration status as one of your monitoring functions and it will tell you if regen is on or off

#31 ·
I notice the regen first by higher DPF outlet temps. Regen starts at 43 grams and sometimes the light does not come on until 40 grams or so - may be a temperature set point to activate the regen light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.