Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

norcal help!!!!! advice needed

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Nick.V70 
#1 ·
Nick,

I have two different questions based on two different trucks. Firstly, I have a 2005 CCSB duramax. It have bilsteins 5100s and the t bars turned to fit the 33's. Problem is the ride sucks. I am looking for a quality ride with the ability to fit the 33's. Curious what I need to make this happen.

Secondly I own a 2003 RCSB duramax. I just bought this truck and have totally redone it except for the suspension. The truck currently sits on 31's with stock suspension. The truck will be sporting a 9.2 boss v plow which weights in the neighbourhood of 900-1000lbs. I do not want to use timbrens and I want to address all the weak links in the front end so that it can support the plow, yet ride smooth when the plow is off the truck. The rear of the truck has an extra spring as it sits which also kills the ride without weight.

Help.....

thanks

N.

#2 ·
Hello Neal,

On the first truck I would say it needs some Cognito UCA's. You can take a look at this thread I made a few years back, it talks about the upgrade product but it also shows you what the common spots are to look to figure out if and what product is needed. Link: http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/suspension-steering/13997-cognito-leveling-kit-packages.html

I the second truckit will be a perfect truck that will be needing our new Leveling package that will be part of our Signature Series Packages named "Plow" package:thumb Everything you are looking to accomplish is what that package is for. Are you a month or so out untill you need product on that truck?

#3 ·
I can wait until you roll the package out. As long as she is ready to rumble late August, early September, I will be happy. Does the plow package come with shocks as the plow truck is in need of shocks.

I need something soon for the 05, as the ride is rough. Curious if I should continue to rock the bilsteins or if there is something better out there?

thanks

N.

#4 ·
Our plow package will offer Bilsteins, I really don't see this type of use needing to go further from Bilsteins as long as they have the correct stroke and valving Bilstiens have a great gain for the budget.

The Plow Package is part of a few custom package series I have been working on that I should have on line within the next 60 days so plenty time for the snow season.

#5 ·
Nick,

Any word on the plow package? Its getting cold up here in the North. I smell money soon.

N.

#6 ·
Working on releasing it for the winter season coming:thumb

#7 ·
Nick, any word on the package? It's getting cold here and flurries in the forecast for next week

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#8 ·
Need something soon to beef up the front end of the truck. Plow takes the front down more than I imagined

#9 ·
Getting the UCA package this week amongst other things- can't wait to get it all done!

#10 ·
Koho, you have a plow truck? If so, what all did you get?

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.