Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Injectors Air Dog II

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  bn020 
#1 ·
Just bought a 2008 lmm trucks has AFE stage 3 Intake, AFE Turbo inlet manifold, custom 4" exhaust, and PPE Hot Race Programmer. I was wanting to possibly put some injectors on and an Air Dog II. Would like some preference to what % over injectors and what size Air Dog. Truck is daily driver and has 37K mile. Previous owner said truck was pushing 550hp

#2 ·
Most popular airdog is the 165

#3 ·
Will i need any mods with the AD 165?

#4 ·
Id get some tunes, egr delete, pcv reroute, the basic mods. Im just getting started on modding my truck. Im sure others will chime in that have more experience.

#5 ·
1. Your truck is about 420-450hp at the moment.
2. I would get EFI live before going bigger injectors because the ppe you have now is designed for stockers.
3. AD 165 is preffered by most and is easy to install. I did mine in about an hour but i have access to a lift. No mods needed.

You wont be into the 500hp range until you get your tranny done. I mean you could probly dyno 500hp with just the lift pump but that wont last long as the tranny will start giving out.

#7 ·
what needs to be done with transmission sorry will be asking a lot of questions just bought the truck and want to have at least 600hp when all done

#8 ·
Here would be my list for 600hp

Efi live from a good tuner
Lift pump
40 over injectors
Bigger turbo/twins (I personally would do 4094 batmowheel or s475 over stock)
Built tranny (PPE, Suncoast, Alligator performance, etc)
Egr delete
Edge insight cts for gauges

#9 ·
Does the edge gauge have any power input? or just a gauge

#11 ·
Whats the difference between DRP and SDP EGR delete kit other than $700

#13 ·
im doing shopping on alligatorperformance im not sure what bungs are and up pipe option?? i have afe inlet manifold what do i do on up pipe option

#15 ·
i have an oversize tank installed in my lmm will a AD II clamps work with the new tank

#16 ·
Yes, but you have to install on the outside of the passenger rail instead of inside of the driver side.

Let me know if you have any questions, my truck had the Titan tank as well.

Also, I agree. EFI Live is a must if you want bigger injectors.

#17 ·
Titan installed my tank for me. They moved my airdog to the outside of the driver side rail. I don't know if it is different for the nbs. Tony, did you sell your truck? You said you had a titan. Sorry for derailing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#18 ·
Who has the best deals t buy from looking to buy a few parts for christmas want the most for the least or at least a good deal

#19 ·
I like ATP or Alligator Performance. Both have great service.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#20 ·
has anyone used underground diesel before they seem like a good place with their package deals and also this is a dumb question but i am brand new to the diesel world what exactly does the egr delete do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.