Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

H&S Mini Maxx

28K views 50 replies 17 participants last post by  pigpen23 
#1 ·
I just got my mini maxx and unlock code for my lml. I plan to install it on saturday with my 5" MBRP dp back and Fass 150. My question begins with updating my Mini Maxx. I know they recently stopped producing these so we cant delete the DPF and Urea anymore and now im worried if I do the most recent update before I install the mini maxx that it wont let me install the 'unlock code". The newest update came out on the 7th of Jan and it says "DPF delete modified to High Sulfur text". Am I safe to do the update before I install in it the truck and install the unlock code. Sorry about my poor wording.

#2 ·
You are safe to do the latest updates. I have the january 7th on mine, and all is well. I was worried at first and emailed H & S tech support and they answered me back saying they will always support those customers who purchased their Race Tuners. So I did it and it works perfectly.

#3 ·
Ok. I assumed it would be ok for the people who already had them installed in their trucks but maybe not for the people who were waiting to install but thanks for clearing it up.

I've read that these LML's dont benefit from an intake unless we are pushing over 500HP which we arent with the mini maxx. Is this true? If I plan to run on HOT as a daily driver would it help to have a Banks or S&B intake?

#4 · (Edited)
These trucks are 400 HP stock. The Hot tune is said to be a 150 HP tune. Even if that's a high estimate on the power increase, you're still talking close to 500 HP on a Hot tune. I'd say the CAI would help if you run on Hot.

Here is a link on dyno numbers for the LML: http://www.hsperformance.com/2011-lml-duramax-dyno/

#7 ·
I was in the same boat. I read the description on the latest XRT Pro update and was quite iffy about installing it. I wanted some reassurance before updating the tune. Maybe I'll toss it on there now.

#9 ·
can you tuned guys talk a little about how awsome your truck is with the tune.. PPL are hashing my buzz talking all waawaa dont tune ur gunna break it

#11 ·
Where is everyone mounting their mini maxx? No way am I using a suction cup mount and I really don't like the ideal of replacing the pillar because the paint will never match perfect. I put mine here for now until I have more time to get creative. Vehicle Car Family car Minivan Renault laguna
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Family car Luxury vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#14 ·
Where is everyone mounting their mini maxx? No way am I using a suction cup mount and I really don't like the ideal of replacing the pillar because the paint will never match perfect. I put mine here for now until I have more time to get creative.
Love how you're worried about perfectly matched paint and your interior is dirty as hell lol.

#15 ·
i mounted mine up in the top left side of the windshield. i took the side off and ran it up so it only shows at the top where it connects to the mini.

i did mine sat but didnt get it running till monday and so far love it. i didnt take the time to make sure down pipe was not hitting the fire wall and had to go back with three foot crow bar and do a little work. i know what you mean having everyone say it voids your warranty but if you want to play have a good sounding truck do it and dont look back. these trucks are build good in my opinion

#21 ·
i mounted mine up in the top left side of the windshield. i took the side off and ran it up so it only shows at the top where it connects to the mini.

do u still have it connected to the window with the suction cup? did u just shorten the rod

#20 ·
A Lot of us did the pillar mount, I have enough paint now in case I decide to go with a 3 pod, I shot both pillars and it came out good. I have the gauges flipped now looks better on the bottom.
:thumbsup Wow that looks good. Ive got the auto-meter triple gauge pod with the GM factory styled auto-meter gauges. Your post makes me interested in the mini max setup. :rolleyes:

#18 ·
i cant figure out how to post pic if you want to pm me your email or number i send you one i took tonight

#19 ·
put my flow pro and xrt in the otherday and holy shit i just drive it to listen to it now and iv only got it on thr "TOW" tune runs so much smoother and a hell of a lot quicker the truck feels so much lighter and its like there is way less resistance when i put the cinderblock on the skinny

#25 ·
I tried doing my first update today and saved the updater on my desktop. I ran the updater program and it downloaded the update. When it was done downloading, the screen closed itself out and that was that. I put the SD card back in my Mini Maxx and it comes up "error 0 Unable to open file" when I click on update firmware. Any ideas? Did I miss a step. I hope I can get it figured out since its all getting installed on saturday.

#26 ·
had the same thing happen this is what i had to do

1. Create a temporary folder on your desktop and title it either "XRT PRO or MINI MAXX".

2. If your tuner is updated to the latest software, copy all of the files from your SD card, and paste them into the temporary folder from step 1.

* If your SD card is not updated, please update your card and begin with step 2 again. Instructions for updating can be viewed here - H&S Automatic Updater - H&S Performance

3. After copying all of the files from the SD card into the temporary folder on your desktop, format the SD card. Be sure that volume label is titled either "XRT PRO or MINI MAXX". Be sure that file system is set on "FAT Default or FAT 16".

* Instructions on formatting can be viewed here -

4. Once the card is formatted, please reopen the folder you created on step 1, and copy the "24fimg.bin", "hsgrfx.bin" and depending on tuner either "XPmenu.bin" for XRT Pro or "MMmenu.bin" for Mini Maxx. Last you will need the firmware file for the vehicle that you are nstalling on. The firmware file is different for each truck. Below is a list of the firmware files and which vehicles they support. You should be copying and pasting 4 files to the SD card.

*Select one of the files with the mouse, then hold down the CTRL key and select the other three. This should allow you to highlight all 4 files. Hit CTRL C to copy these files, and then CTRL V to paste them onto the card.

XRT Pro vehicle .bin files
2006-2007 Dodge- XPd006.bin
2007.5-2009 Dodge- XPd007.bin
2010-2012 Dodge- XPd010.bin
2007.5-2010 GM- XPc007.bin
2011-2013 GM- XPc011.bin
2003-2007 Ford- XPf003.bin
2008-2010 Ford- XPf008.bin
2011-2012 Ford- XPf011.bin

Mini Maxx vehicle .bin files
2006-2007 Dodge- MMd006.bin
2007.5-2009 Dodge- MMd007.bin
2010-2012 Dodge- MMd010.bin
2007.5-2010 GM- MMc007.bin
2011-2013 GM- MMc011.bin
2003-2007 Ford- MMf003.bin
2008-2010 Ford- MMf008.bin
2011-2012 Ford- MMf011.bin

For example: If you're using a Mini Maxx on a 2010 Ram you only need to have the following four files on the SD card for this step.

MMmenu.bin
MMd010.bin
24fimg.bin
hsgrfx.bin

Another Example: If you're using an XRT Pro on a 2008 Ford you only need the following four files on teh card for this step.

XPmenu.bin
XPf008.bin
24fimg.bin
hsgrfx.bin

5. Once you have ONLY these four files on the SD card, put the card back into the tuner and power it up either at the truck or by using a USB cable.

6. If the unit powers up to the "Vehicle Selection" screen, simply choose your vehicle. The tuner will load the necessary files then the unit will re-boot. When it comes back on you will see the Main Menu.

**If the Tuner powers on to the Menu screen, scroll the bottom and select Update Firmware. The tuner will load the necessary files then the unit will re-boot. When it comes back on you will see the Main Menu.

7. Take the SD Card back to your computer, copy and paste all of the files from the folder you created in Step 1 back onto the SD card. You will need to select "Copy and Replace or Move and Replace" if the message appears for the four files you already have on the card.

8. Put the SD card back into the tuner. Connect the tuner to the vehicle and select "Install Download" to install tuning onto your vehicle.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

H&S Tech Support

after i did this it got all the way to the dpf removal selection and then popped up another error code and ended up having to call and do a couple other things but try this first and see how it does

#28 ·
i though you said it undated? try it even without the update and see if it lets you do it. i ended up having to call and let H&S connect to my computer over the internet and they did these steps but only loaded two files (which i cant rem which ones) on it the second time instead of four like the above says and it worked perfect

#29 ·
I went through the steps to update and it downloaded but it never said that the update was completeor anything. It just closed the window. Im not sure if it did or didnt update. Im not very computer savy. I may end up having H&S do it through my computer too.

#30 ·
I am planning on updated mini tomorrow and installing tune and deletes. Then doing exhaust and def tank removal. All of these post makes me feel i need to allow a couple hours just for computer work. Why have they made it so hard.

#32 ·
what should take place in the install is not hard but something is going on with the files to where my mini would not load them with all the files on the sd card

#31 ·
i think mine closed out as well but just cant rem off hand, heck try it out see if it works but do it before the weekend i got stuck at the exhaust shop because i couldnt get mine loaded and had to make a couple trips back and forth to the house trying to get it figured out

#33 ·
Yeah I will give that a shot. I'm glad im figuring all this out before I bring it in to get all the work done. So if I call H&S they can do it all over the phone through my computer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.