Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

allison optional??

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  daword2011 
#1 ·
my friend and i are in a debate about whether or not the allison was an option or in 100% of all duramax's in 2003/2004. He thinks they were optional and i was under the impression that they ALL came with allisons. can someone please help clear this issue up?

#2 ·
if it is an auto trans behind a duramax in a chevy/gmc 2500/3500 series truck then yes it is a Allison 1000 5 speed.

if it is a manual trans it is a ZF6. Only two trans available

#4 ·
perfect... thanks for the info =... but my next question is what year did they make the 6speed? i thought late 2005 or in 06

#5 ·
perfect... Thanks for the info =... But my next question is what year did they make the 6speed? I thought late 2005 or in 06
2006/LBZ, some were LLY or LLZ if you will were the first of the 6 speeds

#7 ·
UPDATE: no one gives a shit about vans

/jk lulz. yes they didn't have the allison. but like I said the relevance of duramax vans to this forum or the average citizen is very low. no offense Stepchild.

#9 ·
my friend and i are in a debate about whether or not the allison was an option....
The invoice listed the auto (allison) as a $2k option vs manual.

#11 ·
Was the Allison also standard in the 01 Dmax's?
A buddy was trying to tell me that there 01 dmax work truck has a 4-speed auto only.

#15 ·
2001-2005 are 5 speed autos.
2006-now are 6 speed autos.

There was a 6 speed manual option being te ZF-6.

Vans are a little different with 4L80's and I think the new ones are different...

Bottom line if it is a Duramax (6.6) auto trans, then it CAME with an ALLISON transmission... You can swap in other stuff (why??) but they came with Allison's, no other auto was featured in the TRUCKS.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.