Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

LMM vs Ecoboost...i get whopped haha

15K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  WishforaDMax 
#1 ·
that thing rips...i was only on a PPE Level 2 so 90HP....if there is a truck that will be fast its his. 2012 extended cab 2wd truck (cloth etc etc).

Mine is an 09 LMM with MBRP turbo back and a PPE. leveled on 33s. One passenger and tool box etc. I would assume i was a solid 2500lbs heavier especially carrying an extra passenger that is 240-250lbs.

Didnt get to run him on Level 3. We went from 15-85 or 90.

I let off at end when he had a fender or so and we started to level off.

Ecoboost vs Duramax - YouTube

if someone can be wonderful and embed that i would be appreciative. I am posted from my iphone...sorry for iphone sitty ness but its better than nothing.

#3 ·
When you get back down in town let me know when you want to do your EGR plate... I have a uber easy trick to get it done fast

and if you order EFI and just want tunes I have a V2 and can help you out bro

#5 ·
Why does it sound like you lifted?

#6 ·
90 hp is maybe 60hp at the wheels and with the heavy tires and wheels you are probably almost at stock power so he has nothing to brag about. Crank it up on the 160 and let er eat.

#7 ·
Never heard of a 30% drivetrain loss. :cookoo[1]:

We must have have some inefficient hardware.

#9 ·
PPE goes off the crank.

#12 ·
I'd like to see you run him on a bigger tune.

#13 ·
A buddy of mine has a 2012 ecoboost but it is a 4wd, we raced and i was in my 90horse efilive tune and we were neck and neck upto 100 then i was gone after that. This was when I was running 315's too. They are quick trucks but when its all said and done its still a car motor in a pickup, and i heard they just scream when you are hauling with them

#23 ·
yeah i wish i was on a bigger tune. but it is what it is. Like i said if there was a fast stock setup..it would be his. Crank windows. 2wd. extended cab. No options. Cloth etc etc

I left off in the video when he was a fender ahead and we actually started to level off. Then i let off. Kinda like you were saying i was starting to slow his pull away.

I finally saved up enough to get EFIlive so within the next week or so ill be ordering that and selling the PPE.

#17 ·
"When you get back down in town let me know when you want to do your EGR plate... I have a uber easy trick to get it done fast

and if you order EFI and just want tunes I have a V2 and can help you out bro "

Wish I would have seen this sooner. Really appreciate the offer. I still haven't done the EGR Plate.

#18 ·
Just let me know bro, I am out of town a lot too, just pm me. I'm not far from you..... sad thing is I have met guys from the forum who are HUNDREDS of miles from me and not one local forum member LOL

#20 ·
Ya like to see rematch with him running 33's like u and bed full of wieght to be as heavy as your truck:thumb

#22 ·
I ran one awhile back he said he would beat me I just laughed and said ok I'll run you on my 150 tune. First I raced him in two wheel drive and just spanked him easy. About 5 or so car links. I was runnin 35's. Then I did a 4 wheel launch on my 100 hp tune and he kinda stayed with me but same out come. He said I was the first ever to beat him. I hear that a lot though. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#24 · (Edited)
I wish we went from a dig. Im sure a boosted DIG run would have given me a solid edge to keep him from cathing me.

#30 ·
Thanks for the honest post! There is always someone faster. Just remember in 2wd he can match your boosted launch with his boosted launch, I am guessing with his traction control off and just the right amount of throttle that light 2wd will get off the line pretty damn quick!

I wouldn't own a little V6 twin turbo but they are cool for what they are!

#27 ·
I have absolutely ruined everyone that wanted to play. They run like a 14 second quarter tuned, that's not fast...

#28 ·
you arent running the right tuned trucks lol...livernois already has gone 12.7 @ 104 with a crew cab 4x4 truck. All it had was Livernoise tune, 170 tstat and livernois downpipe. Stock trans, stock intake, stock exhaust (other than DP) and on 3.55 gears.

Imagine that in this truck. My buddies truck is an EC/SB W/T pretty much. Cloth with crank windows, etc....

#32 ·
Its funny, I read this thread about a week ago thinking to myself there was no way an ecoboost was faster than an LMM and between that time and now the opportunity arose to race one to find out for myself. Well he was in front of me getting onto the highway and I pulled out behind him and proceeded to pass around him to the left and he hammered it when he saw me do this so I did too. I caught up quick and gained half a length to a length on him up to 100 mph where he was speed limited I assume, then I just whizzed past him from that point and kept going. He backed way off. The "race" was from about 60mph to 100mph where I stayed ahead the entire time, I also might add I was not at WOT, maybe 3/4 pedal. The Ecoboost was a crew cab short bed with some options im betting.

#33 ·
i just got efi from atp so ill post a race on the 90hp and then 120hp

#38 ·
idk they are quick but i didnt have a problem. was merging onto the highway and at the light on his back window it had a small sticker that said Tuned>stock so i was like have to see what its got. i punched my truck after i straightened from the turn once i started to get to his tailgate i heard him punch it but i just kept on pulling right past him and onto the highway. after i hit 100 i left of and we continued to play for a couple miles but every time i floored it i walked him. they are nice and his was a cc sb but its no duramax imo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.