Overhead Console Gauge Panel $20! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2001 - 2007.5 (GMT800) Non Powertrain Discussion of 01 to 07.5 Topics Not related to the Powertrain, interior, suspensions, body,wheels, tires, ect.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 06:44 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Overhead Console Gauge Panel $20!

Just want to share a link with everyone. I have seen a lot of threads about people looking for and overhead gauge console and auxiallry switches. Here is a console panel that has both. Most are drawn to the PPE. Here is a link to an inexpensive alternative for those that are interested. These can be configured in a number of ways with a number of options.

AVS::Air Suspension::Gauge Panels::99-06 GM Overhead Console Gauge Panels

I am ordering this for the rig so I can rune my Boost/EGT gauges. Also going to add some angle rings to make it easier to see them.

Auto Meter/Angle ring for 2 1/16 in. Auto Meter or Autogage gauge (2234) | Gauge Mounting | AutoZone.com
haubs1krr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 08:22 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Very nice. I have been looking for something like that to put in my truck. I didn't want to do a pillar set up because someone might realize I have some work done to my truck and think they want my truck.
Bosch 90+hp Injectors
PPE 70% CP3 inlet
14.6 mpg/avg before mods!
pjmayher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Thanks for the web links, been looking for this for a while.
skinsfan363 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 08:36 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubs1krr View Post
Just want to share a link with everyone. I have seen a lot of threads about people looking for and overhead gauge console and auxiallry switches. Here is a console panel that has both. Most are drawn to the PPE. Here is a link to an inexpensive alternative for those that are interested. These can be configured in a number of ways with a number of options.

AVS::Air Suspension::Gauge Panels::99-06 GM Overhead Console Gauge Panels

I am ordering this for the rig so I can rune my Boost/EGT gauges. Also going to add some angle rings to make it easier to see them.

Auto Meter/Angle ring for 2 1/16 in. Auto Meter or Autogage gauge (2234) | Gauge Mounting | AutoZone.com
Post up some pics when you get it finished up... Actually maybe you can take some pics and do a DYI??
2005 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Duramax Allison Denali Headlights 285/55R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Black/Machined XD Hoss -12 Offset MBRP 4" Stainless Turbo Back Diamond Eye Turbo Direct Pipe LBZ Mouthpiece EGR Blocked & Cooler Bypassed PPE Standard Level 4 Autometer Cobalt Boost Gauge EDGE Insight CTS w/ EGT Probe Head Gaskets & Studs @ 145,000 MILES

Check out some pics HERE
HERE
js05sierrahd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

For sure. I'm looking for the right gauges right now. It's a tough call, I want looks and quality. Any ideas? I've looked at most every gauge out there and i think I'm leaning towards the GlowShifts. Any reason I should reconsider?
haubs1krr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

From what I have read, GlowShift is the cheep way out. Personally, I would go Autometer.
I have always LOVED Cobalts, so thats what I picked for my boost gauge.

I went ProComp Ultra Lights in my Camaro
2005 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Duramax Allison Denali Headlights 285/55R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Black/Machined XD Hoss -12 Offset MBRP 4" Stainless Turbo Back Diamond Eye Turbo Direct Pipe LBZ Mouthpiece EGR Blocked & Cooler Bypassed PPE Standard Level 4 Autometer Cobalt Boost Gauge EDGE Insight CTS w/ EGT Probe Head Gaskets & Studs @ 145,000 MILES

Check out some pics HERE
HERE
js05sierrahd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:39 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
For sure. I'm looking for the right gauges right now. It's a tough call, I want looks and quality. Any ideas? I've looked at most every gauge out there and i think I'm leaning towards the GlowShifts. Any reason I should reconsider?
If you want them to last longer than 6 months, DO NOT buy the glowshift gauges. I know too many people that have tried the cheap way out and kicked themselves later when their gauges quit working and my Autometer still work perfectly.
4" exhaust w/muffler, EGR delete/Sinister diesel, Kodiak LBZ mouthpiece, PCV rerouted, Nicktane/CAT adapter, Autometer pyro & boost gauges, EFI Live by Kory, Transgo, pump rub kit, LBZ intake conv, H2's, Debadged
nick1camper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1camper View Post
If you want them to last longer than 6 months, DO NOT buy the glowshift gauges. I know too many people that have tried the cheap way out and kicked themselves later when their gauges quit working and my Autometer still work perfectly.
have had their boost and egt gauges for 4 years and neither have missed a beat, the fuel pressure which i got a year ago has had some issues tho. but i will say they have sent me two new fuel pressure senders when the others broke... good customer service
546hp & 1025 ft/lbs at Lone Star Dyno, Spring Branch Tx.
Best Run: 13.23 @101 with 1.90 60
'
daword2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 05:50 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I havnt ordered mine yet, but i think the glow shift tow max looks pretty nice, and ive had glow shift in the past. The tow max have both a needle and a digital reading. Pretty cool
lb7dirtymax01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.