Power windows not working sometimes - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2007.5 + (GMT 900) Non Powertrain--New Body Style-- Discussion 07.5 - 2010 Topics Not related to the Powertrain, interior, suspensions, body, wheels, tires, ect.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 03:34 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Power windows not working sometimes

Looking for someone that might have had a similiar problem.

Power windows usually work but every once in a while I have no power to the switches. No power to the switches on all four doors and the power slider.

Couple of times I was able to just shut the truck down, turn the key on, and then they would work.

I guess I need a diagram of the power distribution.
UPST8NY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 04:48 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

I had that happen on my 07 2500 and my buddys 08 1500 did the same thing. It seemed like it would happen if you pushed the window button as you were starting the truck. If you open and close the door it should start working. We both had them to the dealership and they couldnt find anything.
stoneys94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2011, 06:25 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneys94 View Post
I had that happen on my 07 2500 and my buddys 08 1500 did the same thing. It seemed like it would happen if you pushed the window button as you were starting the truck. If you open and close the door it should start working. We both had them to the dealership and they couldnt find anything.
Mine does this as well, figure its just a computer glitch and I stopped trying to roll up/down the windows when i am starting the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06CCDMAX View Post
a LOT of the Cummins boys like to blacken the highway like an Iraqi oil well burning.
Tekker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2011, 05:30 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

My passenger side only works sometimes and just recently my right rear went down automatically and wouldn't go back up for a couple of minutes. Weird?! Damn computers.
MagnaFlow 4" Turbo Back Exhaust
RBP Steps
All HID's
Buckem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2011, 04:07 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPST8NY View Post
Looking for someone that might have had a similiar problem.

Power windows usually work but every once in a while I have no power to the switches. No power to the switches on all four doors and the power slider.

Couple of times I was able to just shut the truck down, turn the key on, and then they would work.

I guess I need a diagram of the power distribution.
I had a similar problem on my 2008 1500 LTZ it started with windows then the dash lights and then the stabilitrac started acting crazy ? I had it to the dealer 14 times and a total of 3 weeks it spent there, they never figured it out so I traded it in on my 2006 dmax now my dads 2009 has a similar problem ? I personally think its the BCM that controls one aspect or another of all those functions.
riversmonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2011, 07:40 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

An update to my problem.
Just noticed that when I plug my trailer lights in, the windows wont work. This is with the light switch in the auto position.
I need to turn the lights on in order for the windows to work when the trailer is plugged in.

IDK what the problem is.
Moto Metal 959 20x 9 12+ offset
285 55 20 Nitto Terra Grapplers
UPST8NY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2011, 07:56 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Sounds like a BCM issue, need to find someone with a Tech II and scan it while you alternate between lights and windows to find out if its crapping out on ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06CCDMAX View Post
a LOT of the Cummins boys like to blacken the highway like an Iraqi oil well burning.
Tekker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.