water leak in cab 2008 - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2007.5 + (GMT 900) Non Powertrain--New Body Style-- Discussion 07.5 - 2010 Topics Not related to the Powertrain, interior, suspensions, body, wheels, tires, ect.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 10:50 AM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

I've had the same problem on my 08, but don't have marker lights. So far it t's only happened once.
FRMULTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2009, 10:44 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

Had the same problem on my 07.5. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it under warrenty. there is a TSB on the vent tube from the sunroof not being routed corectly.Fixed mine up no problems. No more water in cab. The big problem was brying it out afterward. that water in the carpet is hard to dry out. Used a Dry-Z-Air and a small heater going for a week.
Chrome door Handles,
Impellor removed from Air Box,
Mostly Stock, Hate That DPF!!!!!
jem auto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 05:44 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
The Good Son!
Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks, jem auto will talk to the dealer and see if i can get it fixed.

07 Cameo F35TBQ Fifth Wheel
09 Suburban LTZ (the wife's)
setexan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 06:13 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

ew thats sucks! im lazy and run mine through the auto car wash about once every other week and have never had anything like that happen and those things really pound the water on! i have factory marker lights but no sun roof.

take it back to the dealer and make them run it thorugh a car wash with the head liner out and find the prob and get it fixed! brand new trucks should not leak!
Drivetrain LMM Duramax, Allsion 1000 Transmssion
Performance Mods EFI Live and DSP 5 By MMLMM, RBP downpipe back exhaust (no CAT or DPF), TransGo Jr, Mag Hytec transmssion and rear end covers, PPE Air Box Mod, Resonator Blocked, Auto Meter GS Boost, EGT, and Transmission gauges, Auto Meter triple pillar with speaker cutout. all from Tyler at Meyer Performance & Fabrication, LLC
Other Mods B&W Turn Over Ball, Air Lift Bags, Titan 52gal fuel tank, Wether Tech FloorLiners, SpeedLiner spray in bedliner, debadged whole truck except bow ties and D-Max/Allsion logo
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 06:18 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

LOL... Now I need to reconsider the sunroof checkbox!

My 07 Wrangler had some leaks only fixed by saying "Lemon Law" to the Service Manager. I love the topless feeling of the jeep, but I miss the power and utility of my Silverado.... I figured the Sunroof option would give me a little of the top-down feel.... but now I need to reconsider?!
gizzygone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 08:48 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

If they still can't find the waterleak, just drill a hole in the floor larger than the leak and not only will the water run out but it will dry it up the carpet from the air passing under the truck!!!!

Just kidding. Hope they find and fix your leak!!!!!!!

2001 Chevy 3500 CC Longbed Dually 4X4, 6.6 Duramax, PPE Standard, Magna Flow 4" Exhaust, Gooseneck hitch, 32' Gooseneck Trailer, Allis Chambers Backhoe

Some's good, More's better, Too much is just enough!!!!

http://www.alligatorperformance.com/ http://www.alligatorperformance.com/
duramax-rob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

#08-08-67-006: Headliner Wet, Water Leak into Cab, Water Leak Past Sunroof Glass Weatherstrip/Seal (Inspect Sunroof Weatherstrip/Seal and Replace, If Necessary) - (Apr 15, 2008)

Subject: Headliner Wet, Water Leak into Cab, Water Leak Past Sunroof Glass Weatherstrip/Seal (Inspect Sunroof Weatherstrip/Seal and Replace if Necessary)

Models: 2007-2008 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Models

2007-2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab Models

with Sunroof (RPO CF5)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment on the headliner being wet or water leaking into the cab.

Cause
The sunroof glass weatherstrip/seal may not be completely water tight. The weatherstrip/seal may not be properly secured to the glass panel.

Correction
Important: DO NOT replace the sunroof glass panel.

Technicians are to inspect the glass panel seal appearance at the corners and around the glass panel. If the weatherstrip/seal looks depressed or concave in the middle, replace the seal.

Parts Information
dieseltekbham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 09:56 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

#PIT4453A: Water Leak From Sunroof Area On An Incline - keywords alignment body ctsy dome headliner intrusion lamp leak light pillar roof wet - (Aug 13, 2007)

Subject: Water Leak from Sunroof Area on an Incline

Models: 2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade, ESV, EXT

2007-2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2007-2008 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali XL

With Sunroof (RPO CF5)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to update model years. Please discard PIT4453.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Some customers may comment that there is water leaking into the vehicle after a rainstorm. Water may be present on the headliner, interior ctsy lamp, and /or the "C Pillar "trim area. The concern is usually seen on vehicles that are parked on an incline where the front of the vehicle is higher than the rear. The concern may be caused by the rear sunroof drains being plugged due to the end of the sunroof drain tube being submerged into the sound dampening NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) foam.

Diagnosis of this condition is best made by opening the sunroof and slowly pouring water into the drain gutter and observing the water exiting the downspout hose and draining thru the rocker panel area under the "C" pillar. The concern may be caused by the rear sunroof drains being plugged due to the end of the sunroof drain tube being submerged into the NVH foam

Recommendation/Instructions:
If you experience this concern, remove the lower "c" pillar trim and relocate the lower hose retainer clip 25mm higher and slide the drain hose upward so that the lower end of the hose will not contact the NVH foam. After repair, pour water in the rear gutter assembly of the sunroof and verify that the rear sunroof drains are working correctly.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
dieseltekbham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 02:39 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)

Question Same Prob

Hi All,

New here.
I have the same issue with my 07.5 Silverado CC.
I've seen the drains in question and believe that the problem may be caused by the route of the drain hoses. In my truck the drain hoses come off of the back of the sunroof drain channel, turn a couple of times, go over the airbag, then down the rear pillar.
At the point where the hoses run over the airbag, they are higher than the outlet from the drain channel.
This effectively reduces the capacity of the hoses to near 0%
Does this make sense to anyone?
Have the new trucks had the hoses routed differently?
What is the TSB for the routing of the rear drains?
I have had my truck at the dealer 4 times and they are clueless. They don't want me to bring the truck back.
Thanks for any help you have to offer! I love this truck but don't want to keep it if I can't keep it dry.

Mark
markman34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 10:11 AM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)

Talking Fixed?

Hi all,

so after having my truck at the dealer 4 times without any luck I think I have fixed the problem myself.
I dropped the rear corners of the headliner and adjusted the drain hoses. I shortened one of the hoses just after it turns down over top of the airbag to lower the elbow so that it will drain without overflowing the drain channel. This process took about an hour to do both sides.
I tested the new routing by placinig a running water hose into the drain channel for about one hour. To my delight there were no leaks!
Now I'm am scolding GM that after four visits and hours and hours of GM shop testing attempting to fix the leak, the problem was fixed by a Leigh man with no formal mechanical training in about one hour.
I am also asking the dealer (GSL Chev City in Calgary) to credit me the money I have paid them to diagnose and repair the problem. As they were completely unable to fix or even diagnose the problem.
Time will tell if the problem is completly solved but I think I've got her!
So, to all of you with the same problems, talk to your dealer about this possible solution. If they just shove their heads in the sand like mine did, you can likely solve the problem yourselves.
Also, does anyone know anything about a TSB 09-08-57-002. I can't find any details but am certian that it is regarding these sunroofs leaking.
Good Luck all!

Marko

Last edited by markman34; 08-26-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: addition
markman34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.