Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2015+ tow mirrors on a 2009 lmm

22K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Newvisionmike 
#1 ·
Anyone put the nice 2015 mirrors with the chrome tops and clearance lights on an lmm body? I found a set on ebay but the description says they'll fit 2015+ only, I have trouble believing that

#2 ·
look at the shape of the mount on the door I read somewhere you can change the base with the new mirror , you would have to be able to wire them I imagine not at all plug and play. The first 15's had the old style tow mirror so the base may be the same. Everything takes a lot of research and a friendly parts guy.

#3 ·
I am currently searching for a thread where a guy did this on an avalanche with the new style tow mirrors. I am ready to pull the trigger on a set for my 2010 LMM once I find the thread and confirm its doable without too much hassle.

#4 ·
#5 ·

Ebay specials on my 2007.5, plug and play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
How is the view?

Do you notice a vibration in the mirror my current tow mirrors have it and was wondering if these were better than the old style tow mirrors.

#6 ·
#8 ·
Subd

#11 ·

Like this? Still haven't hooked up the puddle lights though. I've seen lots of complaints about the glass, but mine is perfect.

Reactions: xdbpxd
#14 ·
Looking good Dude!! Did you wire up the signals on the mirror to run as a running light and signal? Was curious if they came pre wired for running light hook up. I understand illl need to run a source for power to them, but was curious if resistors and such are pre installed or not. Id like to run both running lights and signal but really dont feel like destroying a brand new mirror to accomplish it.

Nice lights! :wink2:

#13 ·
I wasn't comfortable trying to get the caps off so I did my best taping them off and used plasti dip. I'll probably have to do it again in several months to get it perfect.

Reactions: 1AAuto.com
#21 ·
I saw somewhere a set of powerfold but they had a jumper wire to hook into the door switch, guess you could also add a switch to the door arm if the truck had no power fold option, I remember the one I saw was on a 1500 Denali SUV and was probably on one of the GM trucks sites.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.