Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Looking for opinions on graphics and wheels

839 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  novaman64 
#1 ·
My 2007.5 GMT900 was looking kind of rough. The rockers were starting to bubble and the paint was peeling in large chunks from the right rear, left front, and cab top. I am retiring in March and will lose my company truck so my old Duramax goes from work horse to daily driver.

I decided to bite the bullet and have the rockers replaced and the whole truck stripped and repainted. It turned out ok but now that the truck is completely de-badged it looks kind of plain. I was thinking of putting the Z71 sticker back on the bed sides but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas for making it look better. The original wheels are kind of rough too so thinking about replacing those. Any suggestions on what might look good on a dark blue crew cab?

#2 ·
I personally like them debadged, but with the duramax badge still on the door. Wheels are all personal preference, I generally like 2 tones, the new graphite colored wheels look really sharp.

#3 ·
I had them leave off the door guards (or whatever they are called). One had already fallen off and another was coming off. I don't know if they are really low enough to keep from getting door dings anyway. I was surprised that they did not put back on the badges although it does give me the opportunity to add back only what I want. It is nice not having the missing paint and knowing that the body will be solid now for a long time. I will continue to upgrade this truck and hope that I can make it last for several years.

#6 ·
Thank you. That is good to know. I worry about just buying any wheel given that I use my truck to haul heavy loads. I will look into the Centerlines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.