reduced engine power.... AGAIN!!!! - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 07:57 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Pretty hard to get any help or sympathy when all you do is rant about the truck every time you post and reveal no fault codes or other vital information in order for anyone to start to even help you. Instead of telling everyone what a pile of junk your truck is , get some info on the code it is throwing first. You need to look for a dealer that knows about the Dmax and work with them. If you walk into their shop and throw a tantrum like you have here on occasion then you will never have anyone wanting to deal with your truck. I personally think you should Lemon the truck and get another brand altogether.
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 08:12 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENALI HD3500 View Post
Pretty hard to get any help or sympathy when all you do is rant about the truck every time you post and reveal no fault codes or other vital information in order for anyone to start to even help you. Instead of telling everyone what a pile of junk your truck is , get some info on the code it is throwing first. You need to look for a dealer that knows about the Dmax and work with them. If you walk into their shop and throw a tantrum like you have here on occasion then you will never have anyone wanting to deal with your truck. I personally think you should Lemon the truck and get another brand altogether.
Shhhhh! Read my original post junior. I specifically quoted the display reading. Ill do a rerun for u since u have trouble reading. In fact ill quote. Pay attention now... "reduced engine power". Did u get it this time? Ok good. Ur the only one here that didn't read my post correctly the 1st time. Next time u pay 50 grand for a truck n it breaks twice in the span of about 3 wks I don't wanna hear a peep out of u. Capeche???? Well good then. Anyhow, ill let u other interested ppl know what the dealer says tomorrow. I'm taking it to a diff dealer tomorrow. Numbnut here says take it to a dealer that "knows about the dmax"... lol! Really??? Aren't they all supposed to know about it??? I have no clue how to tell if a dealer "knows about the dmax". Tard! Update tomorrow.
paddyraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 08:47 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Hold on with the name calling now. Like i said name calling and ranting like a kid will get you NOWHERE.
No, not all dealers are well versed on the LML Dmax. We have 2 dealers here, 1 of them admits to not being the best at working on the Dmax and like to send the troubled ones to the other dealer who has 2 really knowledgeable diesel techs. Now, reduced engine power can come from several problems, this is not a fault code, just a message to operater, in order for anyone to help you here we need at least a fault code description. I bought a 2010 Ram 3500 CTD for $62,000 CDN funds, had issues with it from day 1, never bitched to anyone about the troubles, just looked straight ahead and traded for the 2011 Dmax without complaining to anyone. 3rd Dmax with zero issues so far, very happy.

Last edited by DENALI HD3500; 01-02-2012 at 09:02 PM.
DENALI HD3500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 09:11 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENALI HD3500 View Post
Hold on with the name calling now. Like i said name calling and ranting like a kid will get you NOWHERE.
No, not all dealers are well versed on the LML Dmax. We have 2 dealers here, 1 of them admits to not being the best at working on the Dmax and like to send the troubled ones to the other dealer who has 2 really knowledgeable diesel techs. Now, reduced engine power can come from several problems, this is not a fault code, just a message to operater, in order for anyone to help you here we need at least a fault code description. I bought a 2010 Ram 3500 CTD for $62,000 CDN funds, had issues with it from day 1, never bitched to anyone about the troubles, just looked straight ahead and traded for the 2011 Dmax without complaining to anyone. 3rd Dmax with zero issues so far, very happy.
Name calling??? "Tard"? Lol! Laffable. Dude get lost. Ur not interested in why a 3 month old truck keeps taking a crap. Leave this thread n don't come back. I think I'm justified that my beautiful new dmax has broken twice in 3 weeks in only 3 months. As a matter of fact I'm straight up bummed! I think ppl here realize that. Split bro. Leave. Don't come back. Ur chimings not wanted. Update tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:14 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyraid View Post
Name calling??? "Tard"? Lol! Laffable. Dude get lost. Ur not interested in why a 3 month old truck keeps taking a crap. Leave this thread n don't come back. I think I'm justified that my beautiful new dmax has broken twice in 3 weeks in only 3 months. As a matter of fact I'm straight up bummed! I think ppl here realize that. Split bro. Leave. Don't come back. Ur chimings not wanted. Update tomorrow.
You're acting childish about it, that's for sure.

Good luck with the dealer. I would suggest buying a Ford (or Dodge) if you can't get anywhere with the dealer. It will make you happy!

Pictures:
http://s228.beta.photobucket.com/use.../Duramax%20LML

Sold - 06 LBZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnasara View Post
They wont find it, it is probably in mexico haulin donkeys by now.

Last edited by 8100 Power; 01-02-2012 at 10:23 PM.
8100 Power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 08:34 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you just mad now because mommy will have to pick you up from Mc Donalds when your shift is over?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:41 AM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

Trade the sucker in for a Dodge and be done with it. You are obviously unhappy. Or, pull a fifth wheel with that awesome Durango.

2008 GMC 3500 SLT Dually 4X4
Dually Club Member #104
dakster1a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2012, 05:06 AM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

Aftermarket DSP5 calibration by Danville Performance, Blocked and re-routed, Nicktane with Baldwin BF7587, PPE lift pump with Baldwin BF1212 water separator, 285/75/17 Dura Grapplers on H2s, CTS Insight with pyro, Large fender mod.
Proud Member U/A Local 693 Plumbers/Pipefitters.
poosniffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2012, 12:58 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)

update

Well the truck is back at the dealership now. I spoke to the manager prior to towing it in n told him that the problem wasn't fixed. After explaining what they claimed was the problem the 1st time he said something that was quite unexpected n raised an eyebrow. He said the tech probably found the loose clamp, assumed it was the problem, n cleared the code n sent the truck out as fixed. Huh? Really? Aren't they supposed to b a little more sure than that??? Anyway, I spoke to the manager again in person when my truck got there. He seemed genuine n a straight shooter n swore up n down they'd find the problem n fixed it this time. We discussed the major safety issue that goes along w a major power loss when the truck is moving, as well as simply having repeated problems of any kind on a brand new vehicle. However, I stuck to my guns regarding the safety issue side of things. He agreed. He also said he didn't want me to now have a bad taste in my mouth about these trucks n that they're very good trucks. He sworee to make it right. I didn't feel the need to tell him I had talked to a lemon law attorney in his waiting room n that my case fully qualifies under the law due to the age n mileage of the truck n what is happening with it. The attorney said to let them do their thing today n give them a fair 2 chances to fix it. So I am. I made it clear to the manager that other than this I really do love the truck. I told him that I really hope they find the cause n fix it, but that if it happens a 3rd time I will pusue an alternate solution. I think he got my point. I left feeling good and hopefull that he keeps his word. All paperwork will b faxed to attorney after I get my truck back. Gotta protect myself for the "just in case". Update u when its finished.

Last edited by paddyraid; 01-04-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 01-04-2012, 01:48 PM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Shhhhh! Read my original post junior. I specifically quoted the display reading. Ill do a rerun for u since u have trouble reading. In fact ill quote. Pay attention now... "reduced engine power". Did u get it this time? Ok good. Ur the only one here that didn't read my post correctly the 1st time. Next time u pay 50 grand for a truck n it breaks twice in the span of about 3 wks I don't wanna hear a peep out of u. Capeche???? Well good then. Anyhow, ill let u other interested ppl know what the dealer says tomorrow. I'm taking it to a diff dealer tomorrow. Numbnut here says take it to a dealer that "knows about the dmax"... lol! Really??? Aren't they all supposed to know about it??? I have no clue how to tell if a dealer "knows about the dmax". Tard! Update tomorrow.
Most people get their certifications under gas motors because they are more widely used. Therefor alot of dealers fall short in knowledge about the only diesel they sell.
As for your problem, the "reduced engine power message" is only part of it. We need the CODES that the engine Throws
P0700
P0540
Etc..(these are just examples)
That will help us help you. Calling people names for trying to help wont get you anywhere because honestly no one wants to help someone like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.