Oil pressure - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 11:57 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Oil pressure

When I started the truck this morning I heard the BEEP BEEP BEEP of the warning system. No lights and the gauges were normal. When I got the DIC it said "oil pressure low stop engine" then the light went out. The whole thing lasted 6-8 beeps. I shut it down and checked the oil level (after 10 minute wait) and it was normal. The truck ran fine the rest of the day.

Has this happened to anyone else had this happen and are there any ideas what could cause it?

There is 31% oil life remaining so I don't think there is a way for cavitation to be a factor and other than the BEEP there was no sound indicating a problem.
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 08:28 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

How are things going with your truck? Did you have the vehicle into the dealership so they could, at the very least, get your experience into the system? I completely understand your time is very valuable, but having this type of thing within our systems can prove to be helpful if needed in the future.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Michelle, GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 03:44 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

After the one incidence it has been fine. The gauge is reading the same as normal and I am ALMOST certain that it read normal when I scanned it during the start. I didn't get anything on the Edge so I don't think it threw a code. I will put a reader on it and get the info into the system this week. I leave for a long trailer pulling trip on the 1st and really don't want any problems.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:12 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

I just went out and checked the Edge for DTC's and there were none shown. I will still take it in and get it on the record. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:45 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I had that problem, 2011 GMC Denali HD, it was a bad wire going to the oil pressure gauge, the gray wire is what the repair info noted.
soark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 10:41 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Thank you. That is a lot better than a problem pump.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:25 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

No oil pressure

I have a 2011 duramax, a week ago while on my way to work my truck said service diesel exhaust fluid system. I called the shop and they threatened me and said it will cut you back to 55 mph. I drove the 400 miles to work and parked the truck. Two weeks later I began the drive home and it cut me back to 55 mph on a road where the speed was 75 mph. After almost being killed by my truck I ordered a dpf delete! I installed it and it worked great, shortly after the install my oil pressure went to 0 for a few seconds and has been doing this regularly now. I have checked the oil pressure with a Manuel pressure gage and the oil pressure is fine. I replaced the sending unit twice and flushed the motor and changed the filter. Still going to zero. Monday I will put it in the shop and have to hear about putting a programmer on the truck. I would rather live and pay for the fix then die due to an engineering snafu! If anyone knows what and how to fix this please let me know.
Narc705 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 11:52 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade
Lifetime Supporting Member

try putting the stock program back in....mine actually just did this a few weeks ago but mine was the sender...with only 6000 miles on it
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 11:39 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My 2012 GMC 2500 HD just done the exact same thing this morning. I started the truck and the gauge dropped to 0, the back up to 90 or so... Got the " low oil pressure please stop engine " warning.... So I checked the oil, oil level is fine. The truck has 5300 miles on it, and I am curious as to what the problem is. Anyone know anything about this??

Greg C.

grego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2014, 11:48 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

2013 GMC 2500 HD Oil Pressure Problems

My 2013 GMC 2500 HD I started the truck and the gauge dropped to 0, the back up to 90 or so... Got the " low oil pressure please stop engine " warning.... So I checked the oil, oil level is fine. The truck has 3100 miles on it, and I am curious as to what the problem is. Anyone know anything about this??
sagecrest795 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.