low sulfur vs ultra low sulfur - Page 5 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 01:47 AM   eBay Motors  #41 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
bobcat67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 52
I work on an oil rig where we go through about 2500+ gallons a day of diesel fuel, we get our fuel from a local smaller distributor, a family owned operation. The only diesel fuel they can get is ULSD and has been that way for a while now, he told me the only difference between dyed vs clear fuel is they dye. I'm gonna take his word for it.
__________________
2012 Silverado LTZ all stock.
2006 2500HD Ram Cummins 744hp/1323ft-lbs
bobcat67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-21-2012, 07:45 AM   eBay Motors  #42 (permalink)
Husker Diesel Pimp
 
gr8shot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: A little house on the prarie, NE
Posts: 9,702
[quote=BLACK-BOW-TIE;1837738]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8shot View Post
No they dont. Its literally IMPOSSIBLE to get low sulfer diesel now. It is not made in the US anymore and cant legally be sold anymore anyway. So
either they forgot a sticker on a pump, they're lying to you, or they're illegally selling you fuel that is well over 2 years old.


I'm pretty sure they do. One pump says high sulfer diesel, for off road use only. One says low sulfer diesel, taxable fuel, for highway use. Those pumps are off to the side by themselves, not in the row of the regular gas pumps, and the ulsd pump. I see older diesel trucks filling up with the low sulfer diesel quite a bit.
Like I said in an earlier post, unless the filing station is somehow getting their fuel from a shipyard, regardless of what the stickers say, it'll be ulsd. A sticker that says different is enough to get people who know the difference (but not enough to know its too good to be true) to use that pump to fill up.

Marine and locomotives are the only applications left in the US that have the ability to even get non-ulsd fuel. Our local co-ops, truck stops, fuel distributors etc. Can't even GET ulsd. And if they could, they're committing a federal crime if they sell it to a regular filling station. And the station is committing a federal crime by selling it to consumers. The govt will shut down the whole distribution network and every company involved will get fined out of business.

So my guess is that its most likely either someones idea of a joke, or an accident that the sticker says high sulfer diesel.

Sent from my old skool Droid
__________________
Jesse Meyers | Husker Diesel | 402-502-6961
www.huskerdiesel.com | Email us!
We will gladly match any competitor's deal!


04 LB7: It's coming along, slowly
gr8shot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 07:56 AM   eBay Motors  #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bb_max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chelsea, IA
Posts: 254
[quote=BLACK-BOW-TIE;1837738]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8shot View Post
No they dont. Its literally IMPOSSIBLE to get low sulfer diesel now. It is not made in the US anymore and cant legally be sold anymore anyway. So
either they forgot a sticker on a pump, they're lying to you, or they're illegally selling you fuel that is well over 2 years old.


I'm pretty sure they do. One pump says high sulfer diesel, for off road use only. One says low sulfer diesel, taxable fuel, for highway use. Those pumps are off to the side by themselves, not in the row of the regular gas pumps, and the ulsd pump. I see older diesel trucks filling up with the low sulfer diesel quite a bit.
Pics and fuel test.

And this makes it automatically true because the trucks are filling up there? Or maybe their drivers just dont know that it is no different than the other pumps
__________________
Brian
current: 07 LMM ec/sb ltz black & black, DE 4" turbo back, egr shut off, Edge Insight CTS
dead: 06 lbz ec/sb white, killed a honda on its way out
bb_max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 07:59 AM   eBay Motors  #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bb_max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chelsea, IA
Posts: 254
[quote=gr8shot;1838453]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK-BOW-TIE View Post

Like I said in an earlier post, unless the filing station is somehow getting their fuel from a shipyard, regardless of what the stickers say, it'll be ulsd. A sticker that says different is enough to get people who know the difference (but not enough to know its too good to be true) to use that pump to fill up.

Marine and locomotives are the only applications left in the US that have the ability to even get non-ulsd fuel. Our local co-ops, truck stops, fuel distributors etc. Can't even GET ulsd. And if they could, they're committing a federal crime if they sell it to a regular filling station. And the station is committing a federal crime by selling it to consumers. The govt will shut down the whole distribution network and every company involved will get fined out of business.

So my guess is that its most likely either someones idea of a joke, or an accident that the sticker says high sulfer diesel.

Sent from my old skool Droid
Jesse, you mean low sulfer diesel, not ulsd, right?

Maybe that high sulfer pump is for all the trains that stop there?? Can you imagine how pissed all the train engineers are when they pull up and some hillbilly in his pickup is blocking the damn pump?
__________________
Brian
current: 07 LMM ec/sb ltz black & black, DE 4" turbo back, egr shut off, Edge Insight CTS
dead: 06 lbz ec/sb white, killed a honda on its way out
bb_max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 08:15 AM   eBay Motors  #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Yellow is Good's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Green Mountian State
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deming01 View Post
By the way I recieved an extra $2000 from President Obama
(alternative fuel rebate) on my new Duramax 2500HD truck, because it is capable of running B20 biodiesel.

You have to trade a GAS pickup for the diesel in order to qualify.

offer ended 10-30-2012.

My total rebates off of Invoice were ---$8750.

Good Deal !!!
Happy you received some of your tax dollars back, not sure if it was a good deal....
__________________
2006 2500HD Crew LLY
EFI Live...4" exhaust...Transgo JR...Blocked... EDGE EVO RACE as a monitor
AMSOIL nose to tail
Thanks to ATP Trucks and Husker Diesel.
Yellow is Good is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 08:28 AM   eBay Motors  #46 (permalink)
Husker Diesel Pimp
 
gr8shot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: A little house on the prarie, NE
Posts: 9,702
[quote=bb_max;1838464]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8shot View Post

Jesse, you mean low sulfer diesel, not ulsd, right?

Maybe that high sulfer pump is for all the trains that stop there?? Can you imagine how pissed all the train engineers are when they pull up and some hillbilly in his pickup is blocking the damn pump?
Yes LSD not ulsd. Nice catch

Sent from my old skool Droid
__________________
Jesse Meyers | Husker Diesel | 402-502-6961
www.huskerdiesel.com | Email us!
We will gladly match any competitor's deal!


04 LB7: It's coming along, slowly
gr8shot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 AM   eBay Motors  #47 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast
 
rebpdt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: across the street
Posts: 3,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK-BOW-TIE View Post

I'm pretty sure they do. One pump says high sulfer diesel, for off road use only. One says low sulfer diesel, taxable fuel, for highway use. Those pumps are off to the side by themselves, not in the row of the regular gas pumps, and the ulsd pump. I see older diesel trucks filling up with the low sulfer diesel quite a bit.
pics or GTFO
__________________
CCSB LB7 4x4
rebpdt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 10:35 AM   eBay Motors  #48 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
BLACK-BOW-TIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 112
I'll go over there when I get off work and take some pics.
__________________
2011 Chevy 2500 HD, LT, Z71, Black, CC/SB, Duramax
BLACK-BOW-TIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 04:50 PM   eBay Motors  #49 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
BLACK-BOW-TIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 112
Here are the pics.

[IMG]http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u563/khfduramax/moto_0054.jpg[/IMG]
__________________
2011 Chevy 2500 HD, LT, Z71, Black, CC/SB, Duramax
BLACK-BOW-TIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 04:55 PM   eBay Motors  #50 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
BLACK-BOW-TIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 112
__________________
2011 Chevy 2500 HD, LT, Z71, Black, CC/SB, Duramax
BLACK-BOW-TIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2