2012 LML bogs/stalls - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

2012 LML bogs/stalls

Hello,
I want to start you by saying that I am new here and that I am sorry ahead of time if this is not the correct place to post this. But I am having a problem with my new LML. I bought my Gmc 2500 denali about a month ago. Since then I have put about 7,000 miles on it. I have already changed the oil ,def fluid ect. maintenace. A problem occured since day one. No matter how cold or hot the engine is the truck wants to bog/stall out. No codes or anything like that. It happens about once every 20 minutes or so. The worst of it is when I take off from a red light or when the truck needs to downshift it will bog down and sputter for a good 5 seconds. When pulling a trailer it definitely can be frustrating. I have talked to the dealer the first week I bought the truck and they said its no big deal and to give it time. Well its been over 7,000 miles and it has not changed. The dealer said that everything is ok but I think we all know how that goes. Also people have told me since I drive so much thats the DEF burning off.? Every 20 minutes?? I have a new powerstroke with DEF with 3 times the miles and never tried to stall because of the DEF. But maybe duramax is diffrent? I would really like to hear everyones input on my problem. The dealer is not helping me at all. Thank you
-BRIAN
Info on truck. 2012 gmc
7,000 miles
Maintenace up to date
No codes
No programmers all stock
Pull 26ft enclosed trailer 60% of the time
14.0 to 14.5 mpg city, highway, or pulling ( weird?)
12GmcDuramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 12:22 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

@12GmcDuramax, I can understand your frustrations with this as you don’t expect to encounter these concerns on your new vehicle. From what you’ve posted, I believe your best avenue to try is a second opinion from another General Motors dealership.

Also take the service manager or technician for a ride in the vehicle so they can experience what you’re going through.

Michelle, GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 01:25 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Have you changed your fuel filter? I read this has happened since day 1, maybe bad fuel and got worse from there?
Kitty missing since 6-20-14
PPEI tuning
NickTane adapter with 1r-0750 cat
Modified CAT 177-9778 base with 1r-0770 water sep.
HID low beams/fog lights DDM tuning (No DRL thank you)
Dirtymax716 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 01:29 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

I don't recall mine bogging at all...I'll surly test it tomorrow when I get in it after a month at work......
Sulastic Shackles, Pittman arm and idler arm braces
Bushwacker Cut-Out fender Flares (Color Matched)
33x12.50 Toyo MT's on 20" Moto Metal Wheels
Recon smoked tail lights w/Recon smoked 3rd brake light
Road Armor Color Matched Bumper with Warn 12,000
Rigid D2 Wide beam and Spot LED lights.
Capt.D is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 02:11 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

edit

Last edited by 12GmcDuramax; 03-14-2014 at 09:33 AM.
12GmcDuramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:38 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I hate to say it, but most dealers these days are absolute crap. I mean its not like dealers ever had a great reputation to begin with, but in the last 3-4 years they somehow managed to sink even lower, which is one heck of an accomplishment. I won't even bother telling you all the fun I have had with my dealer on my new truck. My close buddy is the sales manager and I won't even step foot in there anymore. It is really ridiculous and GM loves to hide behind the fact that the dealers are independent. No offense to the CSRs like Michelle on the board here though, I have nothing bad to say about them.

I really, really, really miss my local Chevy dealer that GM forced to close. Their service department was fantastic.
jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 04:00 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I would try to see if you can video the tachometer while taking off from a stop and then show that to the dealership. Also, did you get to go along on the test drive so you could "coach" them on how to make it happen? I don't trust anyone anymore, so I wouldn't be too sure if it happened or not without actually being there to observe.

You might also call GM corporate headquarters and let them know the names of the dealers. You would be surprised how many times dealers fix problems they said were nonexistent when they get a call from GM.
Limo Tint All Around w/ Limo Brow
EDGE CTS Insight, Rancho Steering Stabilizer, Backup Camera
3/4" Lift via Torsion Bars (it was all I could get with stock keys), 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers
GoLight Stryker HID
XRT Pro on Tow with 4" Flo Pro Exhaust
Chevytuff19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 10:46 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

@12GmcDuramax, please accept my apologies on behalf of GMC for the experience you had. I would like to look into your situation. I will send you a private message with the additional information I’ll to get going on this for you.

Michelle, GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 11:00 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade
Lifetime Supporting Member

Like chevytuff said...go with tech on test drive...You drive, show him/her what its doing.He can even bring along his Tech2 for company
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 11:11 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GmcDuramax View Post
No matter how cold or hot the engine is the truck wants to bog/stall out. The worst of it is when I take off from a red light or when the truck needs to downshift it will bog down and sputter for a good 5 seconds.
How hard are you leaving those lights? These truck had a "dead peddle" while the turbo fins adjust to WOT. First time I felt this I almost cause a huge accident as I cut into traffic and expected to go and I didn't. Leared how to drive around it now and it's all good.

Are you saying this happens at speed while maintaining speed down the highway say at 70mph? The truck just falls on it's face and the Ally starts up and down shifting?

Regens/DEF/DPF have nothing to do with drivability. True, mine does shift a bit different due to the high idle while in regen but that and slight tone change in the pipes is about it. Well the compass issue I haven't had fixed yet but that's it.

Tim
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.