Another Low quailty DEF/Cel p20ee p27f - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 04:05 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Another Low quailty DEF/Cel p20ee p27f

Well what do I say that hans't been said already I have a 2011 drw drumax with 10,000 miles on it.Never had a problem till now.I only plowed/towed maybe 1/4 of my miles so far.I also drive around like grandma becuase it's my new truck and I don't like abusing machines.So.I have been to the dealer 4 times and All they do is regen and give it back.I don't think gm is going to come up with a fix.I THink these truck have to be "working".I have a class A and pull some loads at work with the big rigs ...I think these trucks have to be worked to build up that exhuast temp to clean the system out.My two cents.Im not about to void my warrenty and im sick of letting the tech go for a beat run with my truck.I read alot about people working there trucks and not having any problems...nufe said... it was built for work.so work it and don't complain.I clear my cel code with my scanner and just go on my way.Run it with a load or drive a gas job and get ur parts/grocerys.sorry about typos.
s10aromeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 04:08 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Vanned this place

Welcome to DF. ?

TheStepChild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 04:16 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

If I am reading your post correctly................
These trucks need to be run on the open road to get them into regen. Take her for a 15 to 20 mile run at 55 & above and it should prevent these issues. I seriously doubt that you could ever get the engine/exhaust hot enough to regen while plowing.

Mods so far:

Tow Mirrors, Chrome Grill Overlay, Rear underseat storage, Mudflaps all corners, 20% Window tint, 6" Oval Steps, B&W Turnover Hitch, Sulastics, GM Campaign #PIT3009J
DF DRW Club Member #161
JimmyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 04:20 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
These trucks need to be run on the open road to get them into regen. Take her for a 15 to 20 mile run at 55 & above and it should prevent these issues. I seriously doubt that you could ever get the engine/exhaust hot enough to regen while plowing.
I don't trust the dealer and what they say.I think if you want a durmax you better have plans for working it becuase you will run into the def lights and cel.my two cents.I haven't read of anyone having this problem fixed unless they built that heat up in the exhuast to clean out the exhaust filter.
2012 chevy cruize
Old 11-24-2012, 04:32 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
Yeah I bet your right about plowing at low speed.But I tell u some of those wind rows and with alot of ballest out back I think it's better then driving to get gallon of milk.
2012 chevy cruize
Old 12-07-2012, 06:36 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

So I dropped off the truck to the dealer a couple of times to clear this problem up.Most of the time its a one day deal.This last visit they have had it in the shop for almost 5 working days.They said "they are working on it".I don't get angry or throw a additude.It doesn't get anything done any fast so I stay calm and say "take your time becuase if we don't solve the problem this time I am just going to be back".I have a rejection sticker from the inspection station and I told them it was becuase of the CEL.They are trying to trouble shoot this problems.Can't wait to see what they find.
2012 chevy cruize
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

@s10aromeo, how are thing going with the truck at the dealership?

Michelle, GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 01:25 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Update. Dealer had to call gm support.i guess they are changing out the def tank and all the stuff in it.havent got my truck back yet but I will keep u posted.
2012 chevy cruize
Old 12-12-2012, 01:31 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCustomerService View Post
@s10aromeo, how are thing going with the truck at the dealership?

Michelle, GM Customer Service

Thanks for your concern.
2012 chevy cruize
Old 12-13-2012, 04:35 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

I Can't wait to get my truck back today.If Can drive it around for a 1000 miles with no cels I figure they fixed the problem.I called a couple days ago and told the service rep that we had snow coming.I explained that my truck was the only plow truck I had. They were still working on it and I didn't want to loose out on plow money.Thanks Gm!Getting mad doesn't make anything go faster.
2012 chevy cruize

Last edited by s10aromeo; 12-13-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.