2014 interior, nicest one yet. - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 09:11 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Thumbs up 2014 interior, nicest one yet.

Just got back from an exclusive look at the new 2014 Sierra/Silverado. Sure it was the 1/2 ton but the HD's will have the same interior. I am blown away, GM has really come to the plate here. Soft touch dash and doors with stitching( very similar to the new Ram interior). Tons of storage, in center console, doors, dual glove boxes, a HUGE info screen on the dash with nice guages, the center stack with radio/DVD is also very large and easy to read. Another great addition is the rear seat room is much improved. The interior feels very refined, soft touch materials( no more plastic like dash). To me the new Ram was the best interior, untill i saw the new GM WOW, just what was needed.
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 09:48 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

this one? reminds me of ford cars the way the air vents are around the center part of the dash
Originally Posted by Varty Yo View Post
My buddy had a roomba and his dog had shit on the carpet. Well the freaking thing mashed gooey shit all over the room all day long while the dog hid in the corner

SnafuPossum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 10:38 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Yes, in real life you can appreciate the room and soft feel of the materials, the Driver info center in the insrument cluster and surrounding gauges has a lot more info available at a glance than the single line DIC on the current trucks. Also when you sit in the truck the dash is much taller and larger , the knobs and switches are a lot easier to see and use .Stitchind on the dash and doors( you can't see in the photo well) are really well done. Pictures don't do it any justice. The high end models , 112 volt plug, 3 usb ports, 12v plug. Lane connrol, front collision warning, ect ,ect. All sorts of stuff to break down the day warranty has expired . When i first saw the photo's of the new GM interiors i was upset, looked funny, but in real life the interior makes the truck feel bigger and roomier, the back seat has more legroom, lockable storage under the seats ect. Looks like the interior designer was listening this time , definatly back in the nice interior category now.

Last edited by DENALI HD3500; 12-15-2012 at 10:49 PM.
DENALI HD3500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 10:41 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

As long as they still offer the work truck package but is it still going to be an LML?
Insalled: Amp Research, Amsoil, ATS, Autometer, B&W, Back Rack, Bushwacker, Code Alarm, Cognito, DRP, FASS, Goodyear, H&S, Hypertech, Mayhem, MBRP, Plasti Dip, Precision, Ranch Hand, Rearview Saftey, Rhino Linings, Rigid Industries, Rough Country, S&B, Snow Performance, Titan, Warn, Weather Guard

Need the Guts to Install: Frost Fighter.
FireRescue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 10:52 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
As long as they still offer the work truck package but is it still going to be an LML?
iirc yes..
Old 12-15-2012, 10:52 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

And people with 03-07 trucks just thought they had problems with gauges and all the bulbs in the controls going out. Can't wait to see what cheaply made electronics screw up on these....
Old 12-15-2012, 10:58 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenmc89 View Post
And people with 03-07 trucks just thought they had problems with gauges and all the bulbs in the controls going out. Can't wait to see what cheaply made electronics screw up on these....
this lol.

ltz interiors in the current gen are not bad in design, but something is just off in the plastics texturing like it has to deep of grooves or something.
Originally Posted by Varty Yo View Post
My buddy had a roomba and his dog had shit on the carpet. Well the freaking thing mashed gooey shit all over the room all day long while the dog hid in the corner

SnafuPossum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 11:35 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Oh don't get me wrong i would love an lbz 2500 or newer but the problems i had with my old 05 z71s electronics is the reason I don't have one. I love the newer interiors but until I gm makes it to where I can still see my gauges at night and all the other buttons I won't have one
Old 12-16-2012, 08:16 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenmc89 View Post
Oh don't get me wrong i would love an lbz 2500 or newer but the problems i had with my old 05 z71s electronics is the reason I don't have one. I love the newer interiors but until I gm makes it to where I can still see my gauges at night and all the other buttons I won't have one
Had your eyes checked lately
Old 12-16-2012, 08:24 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

here is more photos
Attached Images

8.5 western pro plow, cci grill and mirror covers
skidoochris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.