2013 Coolant Leaks - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 05:00 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

2013 Coolant Leaks

Just posting an FYI, I know other users have had similar issues on '11's and '12's but figured another thread couldn't hurt. Bought the truck brand new from dealership two months ago, put 1300km on the truck and noticed a pink colored fluid on the driveway under the front of the truck (under rad or front part of engine). Just got the truck back form the dealership and the work order states they found fluid leaking from lower rad hose assembly bonded areas. Also found coolant drips from block heater screw. Replaced lower rad outlet hose, installed worm gear clamps at surge tank and heater pipe, vacuum filled cooling system to prevent air locks. Ran, checked, washed down affected ares, re-checked for coolant leaks found none. Replaced engine block heater due to dripping coolant from screw, checked for leaks, found none.
Sucks having a warranty claim on a brand new vehicle, but hopefully this will be it for a long time.
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 10:15 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

I`ve got 4 LML head gasket jobs under my belt now, so dont feel bad lol its just a rad hose. These customers have had the cabs pulled on their new trucks, fingers crossed you dont have any gasket failures.

Now- built motor, Billet trans parts, 72mm Danville VGT ect ect.
Chad McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 09:58 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

4 head gaskets would really suck, all on the same truck? I don't feel to bad with just a couple coolant leaks, I just posted as another heads up to those using the site to research as I did before buying. In the big scheme of things a couple coolant leaks is no big deal, and to have them worked out while the truck is so new just proves to me it was just a couple issues from the factory. I'm just grateful I had these issues while around home and not a province over with a trailer on behind. With what GM charges for these trucks you'd think that they'd have a handle on these small nuisance type of issues.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:06 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13Denali View Post
4 head gaskets would really suck, all on the same truck? I don't feel to bad with just a couple coolant leaks, I just posted as another heads up to those using the site to research as I did before buying. In the big scheme of things a couple coolant leaks is no big deal, and to have them worked out while the truck is so new just proves to me it was just a couple issues from the factory. I'm just grateful I had these issues while around home and not a province over with a trailer on behind. With what GM charges for these trucks you'd think that they'd have a handle on these small nuisance type of issues.
For sure, the LML heads I`ve done are on 4 different trucks, all with less than 50,000km also did a LML motor in a rig truck with 200,000km on it. I work in a GM dealership in Calgary.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:23 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Great to see that there's techs who actually work on these trucks at gm dealerships who are on the forum.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

You bet man, these trucks are my life sadly LOL. Most of my forum time is spent on another dmax site but it all started on this forum.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad McGregor View Post
For sure, the LML heads I`ve done are on 4 different trucks, all with less than 50,000km also did a LML motor in a rig truck with 200,000km on it. I work in a GM dealership in Calgary.
Which one! I am looking for someone that knows what they are doing.
Alberta Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 03:32 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Dmax View Post
Which one! I am looking for someone that knows what they are doing.
CMP, in the north east.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

I have. 11 gmc I think I smell coolant sometimes like from the exhaust it a sweet smell maybe def any info whould help no fuild on driveway tks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
maxx1015 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 04:47 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad McGregor View Post
CMP, in the north east.
I bought from Shag. I might be coming to you guys to have an issue looked into.
Alberta Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.