Is Amsoil worth it - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 03:58 PM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)

also i changed my engine oil 5000km ago with rotella 15w40, i normally use synthetic, but im from a really small town and they place in town was sold out of synthetic and i just had to get the regular blend, i notice my engine is really loud now over 2200rpm, like and old powerstroke loud, is this cause of the non syn blend im running for the first time, or is there something else i need to look into, or is the girl just starting to get broken in and this is expected? 37000kms on truck,
Korys Willis's Tunes!
AMP Power Research Steps
12" Alpine w/ Clarion Amp
Bakflip fibermax w/ Tonneau B-lights
5" Zone lift w/ Bilstein 5100's and Sulastic Shackles
22x11 2Crave rims -25 w/ 325/50R22 Trail Grapplers
ANGELL'S FISHING&HUNTING OUTFITTERS - AMISK LAKE SK. http://www.angellsfishandhunt.ca/
Bosis21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 04:03 PM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)

Amsoil: friend or foe?

best BRAND of oil for the lml

best oil for the lml

here you go i hit the search bar for you, and these are just my post before i found the search bar
Cayenne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 04:06 PM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)
the SLEDGEHAMMER
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
does anyone use the search bar anymore??????????????

in our lml with all emissions equipment there we use amsoil because we can get the 25,000 mile oil changes.
and you wonder why your truck is always broken
Old 02-26-2013, 05:03 PM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

L
o
L
!

My Build Thread

Honestly, you just take a deep breath and say Fuck it.
WCSting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 06:36 PM   eBay Motors  #25 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhornsun View Post
I understand the desire to save a few pennies by deleting the emissions controls and adding more soot and pollution to the air. I could save $55 a month by loading my household trash in the back of my pickup and driving down the freeway and letting it blow out the back. At least my garbage would not be affecting the air that people have to breathe.

I know it is popular to do whatever is in a person's own selfish best interest, it has become the American way, but removing emissions controls is illegal, unethical, and just plain wrong any way you look at it. What has struck me over the years is how flexible people's morality becomes when money is involved which tells me that there is no morality in the first place, only hypocrisy.
EFI Live, EGR disabled, Flo~Pro 4" DP back exhaust w/muffler & trumpet tip, Pacer LED NBS cab lights, Putco yellow bulb fog lights, GM dually rear light bar, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Footwell lights, Kenwood speakers, Tinted windows, GM chrome oval running boards, Fumoto oil drain valve, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Michelin LTX M/S2, PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch, Wilson 2000 CB antenna

2000 Silverado 1500 LS RC/LB 4x2 stock. (Work Truck)
HD Dmax Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 06:44 PM   eBay Motors  #26 (permalink)
Ask one to be one

Nope not in my eyes.

2010 GMC Sierra CC SB 4X4 Cognito 6" lift and 315/70/17 ATP Tuned!!

2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4X4 (wifes) Zone lift set close to 4" 305/70/17's Hankook Dyna Pro RF-10 ATM
usafracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 08:22 PM   eBay Motors  #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500-HD View Post
and you wonder why your truck is always broken
hahaha bite me
Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 PM   eBay Motors  #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhornsun View Post
If you put in lubricants that cost 2-3 times as much and simply extend the service interval, what have you really gained as compared to use any API/GM approved fluid? The great thing is that Amsoil, like STP before it, does not have to prove that there is any real benefit to be gained by spending the extra bucks.

If it was a good way to extend the life of the engine and transmission and differentials then I would expect all the fleet operators to be using these products but they do not.

I understand the desire to save a few pennies by deleting the emissions controls and adding more soot and pollution to the air. I could save $55 a month by loading my household trash in the back of my pickup and driving down the freeway and letting it blow out the back. At least my garbage would not be affecting the air that people have to breathe.

I know it is popular to do whatever is in a person's own selfish best interest, it has become the American way, but removing emissions controls is illegal, unethical, and just plain wrong any way you look at it. What has struck me over the years is how flexible people's morality becomes when money is involved which tells me that there is no morality in the first place, only hypocrisy.
well im glad we got an emissions lesson on a oil thread...thank you so much.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 AM   eBay Motors  #29 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich67 View Post
Wow, atleast you live in the right state for your mentality.I'm not a well educated man but I don't understand the purpose of emissions for clean air at the expense of less efficiency and depleting more of our natural resources.
Exactly! We could probably get 5 MPG more if the factory tuned our truck with no emissions equipment. Not only that, but we don't take into effect the increased emissions from factories having to produce DPFs, the plastic bottles the urea is sold in (and cardboard for the 2.5 gallon jug ), and the fact that the DPF will probably have to be replaced at least a couple of times over the life of a Duramax. Then, we have to take into account that we burn a lot more diesel while running with emissions intact (it wastes 1.5 gallons just doing a regen). And finally, the soot does not get burnt into a completely harmless concoction when a regen occurs...it just ends up in our groundwater instead of the atmosphere, and the atmosphere has much better resiliency to pollution that water/soil.
Limo Tint All Around w/ Limo Brow
EDGE CTS Insight, Rancho Steering Stabilizer, Backup Camera
3/4" Lift via Torsion Bars (it was all I could get with stock keys), 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers
GoLight Stryker HID
XRT Pro on Tow with 4" Flo Pro Exhaust
Chevytuff19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 09:21 AM   eBay Motors  #30 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade

But it's nonsense to use synthetic when you can waste 2-3 times the amount of natural resources using regular oil. Let's see....use synthetic, go possibly 25k on 10 qts., or change oil every 5-10k miles.....that's 25-50 quarts in the same distance. More oil being pumped out of the ground and at least twice the amount of waste product to dispose of. Man, if i was worried about the environment, I would run synthetic, but that's just me.....oh, did i mention oil filters?
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.