Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2017 Duramax?

369K views 825 replies 172 participants last post by  FROGMAN524 
#1 ·
Rumors around the net say that their will be a new Duramax for the '17 model year. Anybody got any facts about the new engine?

Thanks

#2 ·
Nothing here. They are purposely keeping a very tight lip. We need someone from the inside. Then we'll have to use the Force on them.

#6 ·
and an 8 speed Allison..that is all i remember him mentioning
I've heard both of these. And I heard from a very reliable source there are big changes for the Allison coming (no real details though).

#11 ·
Come back in about 9mo. Until then everything is pure speculation. Dealer guys don't know any more than the average joe.

#13 ·
Well I know emission changes will be a for sure thing I work at a heavy duty dealer and they said for us to
Get ready on the new changes

#16 ·
Likely but we still don't know to what extent. All I know is I wont be the first in line to try it out given my poor experience with the current emissions systems on these trucks.

#21 ·
On a side note. I would love to see a joint venture with VW. Zero emissions during EPA testing and an emission systems that automatically deletes itself once it leaves the factory

#26 ·
Nothing wrong with hauling &#!#!*$. I mean having a truck load of gorgeous attractive women.

#27 ·
ONe thing I've never quite understood is if its so easy for these EFI Live tuners to get an extra 100-150 reliable ponies out of the current LML motor why is a whole new Duramax platform needed to bump what 50HP/50-100ft-lbs?

I guess what I will be most curious to see on the 17' is if they continue with the CP4 pump or have something better in the works.

#28 ·
ONe thing I've never quite understood is if its so easy for these EFI Live tuners to get an extra 100-150 reliable ponies out of the current LML motor why is a whole new Duramax platform needed to bump what 50HP/50-100ft-lbs?
Because those tunes that throw 150 hp at these trucks aren't safe for the truck when it's being used as designed. I know wild concept... The trucks designed for heavy towing...

#40 ·
I personally haven't heard or experienced leaking piezo injectors, but that could be a reason too.

Yeah, no more cp4.2 either. I'm thinking it'll be a Denso hp4 pump. Aluminum casing with hardened steel sleeves similar to the cp4.2. Literature is all over the place in terms of pressure, consensus is 29k psi; but, I've read up to 36k in usage with Volvo diesels.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.