Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Help!! LML Injector balance off

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  mguthr1 
#1 ·
2011 LML tuned with Kory Willis street tune. #4 is hovering around 4.9-5.5 in park and when in gear 6.0. These are at operating temps. What is best to do, change one or change all. The others are all within .3 of "0". I am about to start building my house so funds are short. Also, where is #4 located? Total noob question, I know I know. Also what is the worst that could happen If I keep running this for around another year?

Thanks for anyone's help.

#4 ·
Thanks for the info. What parts do I buy? Just new injector and use all the old hardware? Not sure what to get so if anyone has gone through this process please let me know. I have searched on the web for information on LML injector swaps but cannot find much. All I can find is for the older model and not sure if there is any difference.

Thanks for everyones help.

#6 · (Edited)
Swapping them is pretty much like the old ones with the exception of the LB7 that has the injector under the valve cover.

On an LML, the trim code for the new injector needs to be programmed into the PCM with a capable scan tool.

#5 · (Edited)
Is the procedure the same for the LML injectors.? They are quite a bit different than the 2010 and earlier. Are you reloading/recalibrating to a STOCK tune and at OPERATING TEMPERATURE prior to checking.? Injector balance rates are an indicator not a tell all to specific injector or problem.....

Piezo injectors as opposed to the solenoid in the 2010 earlier.

http://duramaxhub.com/lml.html

#7 ·
Oh god, This is getting deeper than I thought. No I have not put it back to a stock tune, It is on the PPEI Street tune for now. I have no smoking issues when starting, just happened to look at the balance page and noticed it. It was taken at operating temp though.

#8 ·
Well oddly enough, I gave the truck a pretty hefty dose of Diesel Kleen and then the Amsoil Diesel treatment and the number went down. It was running 5-6 and now is 1.4-1.7. Also I got really mad at it and romped on it pretty good, so that might have blown out some trash. I will continue to monitor for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.