Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Anyone regret deleting a 2015???

143K views 206 replies 81 participants last post by  skw774 
#1 ·
Anyone have any regrets from deleting and tuning a 2015 before warranty was up? I hate to risk voiding warranty but truck has 30k miles and I'm ready to tune it and install exhaust. Anyone had any warranty issues or any reason why you wish you would've left the truck stock?

#2 ·
sub.

#3 ·
Everyone on here seems to love deleting emissions stuff. But my opinion is wait til your warranty is up. Next day then tune that bitch! Never know if you'll need warranty

Reactions: mizterwizard
#5 ·
Thanks dura15max, mdufficy I definitely don't want to wait until 100k miles for warranty to be up to tune it, doubt I even keep the truck that long lol. If people aren't having any issues where warranty is needed or regret deleting I'm probably going to go ahead and tune the truck. Power isn't very impressive stock compared to my tuned lmm

#6 ·
I'll bet there's some Cali boys who regret deleting......

#7 ·
I deleted my last lml with 30k and plenty of warranty left, drove it for another 20k before I traded it in. No powertrain problems at all except for a couple of bad glow plugs (dealer replaced under warranty). You will see this posted often on here, if you want to play you have to pay!

#9 ·
something to keep in mind the Emission warranty is 5years/50,000miles on the LML

i have hesitated about deleting my 15' bc of the CP4 issues, i would feel more comfortable doing the CP3 Conversion but thats double what it would be for tune and exhaust.

Out of curiosity how many people have deleted without doing a CP3 conversion?

#10 ·
I deleted mine right off the showroom floor, love it. That being said I've never had to take it in for warrenty

#11 ·
Subd.

I planned on deleting, then I had sensor issues. 3 different trips to replace EGT sensors in last 2 months, then They figured out the Cat, and half the injectors needed replacing as well. No issues in 3K miles, Just rolled 20K. From what I have read the Lemon Law is unenforceable by 24K, so Im almost ready to pull the trigger. Emissions crap has taken its toll on my thus far.

#12 ·
Deleted a 9k. 48k now. Running a lift pump to help out the cp4 since the day I deleted. Runs great no regrets!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#13 ·
I want to delete, but then again i dont. My smoke days are over.
I miss the rumble of the LLY and the sound of the turbo vanes breathing, but its nice to be able to have a conversation next to my truck without having to yell.

25k miles in 3 months with 0 issues so far.

I have a buddy with a 2015 GMC Denali LML and he deleted it around 30k I think, and he was issue free until 45ish thousand when the cp4 took a dump. I dont think he regrets it but he wouldve .liked to have warrenty

#18 ·
Do it man!!! Delete and forget! I have a '16 sitting in the garage with 70 miles on the odometer and she's getting deleted here soon. I've gotten everything plus some for the delete, just waiting on a good sunny weekend!!!

Reactions: BARSR
#19 · (Edited)
Its sunny now & sunny all this coming week in EPT, start deleting. :poke[1]:

#23 ·
Get a lift pump and don't worry about the cp4.....if I bought a new one tomorrow I would delete it ASAP......but that's just me....most of the issues are the stupid emissions anyways....I don't know anyone that regretted deleting their truck....most just ask why they didn't sooner....let me know when you make up your mind and I'll get you a package deal going! :thumb

#25 ·
Dumb question: Am I correct in assuming that my truck won't pass an emissions test if I delete?

#27 ·
Mine is deleted. Wouldn't delete without a lift pump and at that I wouldn't sleep easy until a cp3 gets put in. 37k on the ticker. Cp3 in the next month.

Bowz

#33 ·
I am still battling whether to delete or not. Most people will say do it or regret it later. I hate the thought of my EGR running, but I also wouldn't sleep easy running the CP4 (even though failures are blown out of proportion in relation to the total dmax sales nationwide). I will likely delete after the winter in conjunction with a CP3 conversion.

If you delete properly, you will pass the OBDII part of the inspection and likely the sniff test as well. Typically if the inspection station plugs in the vehicle and it passes, they don't bother with visual checks. If they do and you have removed the DPF stuff, you may have an issue. I suggest getting a relationship going with an inspection station to mitigate the visual inspection risk.

#34 ·
the more this thread goes on the more i want to Delete it! But the though of having to fork out 10k if the CP4 goes out is the only thing holding me back. I really wish that there was a cheaper option for the CP3 conversion. Having said that all i want is @ a 100hp tune just enough to get better mileage and to be able to pass a vehicle when ever i want to.

I have gotten my other tunes through ATP truck really liked them. But i dont think they will be deleting anything anytime soon. If i could use my autocal through them i could save a good bit of money. put that towards the CP3 conversion!

Reactions: CNash518
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.