Diesel Exhaust Fluid issue hopefully resolved - Page 6 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 06:30 AM   eBay Motors  #51 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade
Lifetime Supporting Member

He said they changed it already

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide App
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 02:00 PM   eBay Motors  #52 (permalink)

dealer just changed my nox sensor under warranty. no more issues
Jigga99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 07:59 AM   eBay Motors  #53 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

In response to WileECoyote, yeah, I'm in the same boat which is that I am also not driving a lot of highway miles. This could result in a lot of incomplete regens, clogged DPF injectors, etc.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 AM   eBay Motors  #54 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
I still say to make them replace the NOX sensor. I am beginning to wonder about short trip driving. If the truck never gets to regen on a short trip or multiple shortie's then it would be never right. So, that said it seems that maybe some of us are never seeing the complete regen? I am a short commuter and am looking for input here. What say yea?
If it never completes, it will give the message to "cleaning exhaust filter keep driving til message is cleared" message.

My truck also sees mostly short trips, and I've never had that message. I have had the regen continue for more than one day.
redwngr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 10:01 AM   eBay Motors  #55 (permalink)
Super Genius

Thats interesting. No I've never seen that message but it sure seems odd to me that I get such shitty gas mileage. I'm going to take it for a good long drive and see what happens. I think these trucks like to stretch their legs anyway.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:06 AM   eBay Motors  #56 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Same here - I've never seen that message and I've put 3000 miles on the truck since I purchased it - all mostly short trips with only one 300 mile trip.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 AM   eBay Motors  #57 (permalink)
Super Genius

Sierra, where you at in SE Florida? I'm originally from Ft Lauderdale. Moved away when I was 18 to join the Army and only been back for vaca or funerals. Yeah, Id love to move back but dont really have any job prospects.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:17 PM   eBay Motors  #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
I still say to make them replace the NOX sensor. I am beginning to wonder about short trip driving. If the truck never gets to regen on a short trip or multiple shortie's then it would be never right. So, that said it seems that maybe some of us are never seeing the complete regen? I am a short commuter and am looking for input here. What say yea?
Sorry, missed this post the other day... the Nox sensor was replaced and I had the light come on right after I picked it up and turned out onto the highway. I'm pretty sure they heard the tires screaming when I turned it around and headed back at them.

I'm not too sure what to think about this one. When I drive it to work, I do drive short distances, but at the same time, I'd made a couple of longer trips and then hauled a tractor on a gooseneck the day before the light came on this last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensAuto View Post
He said they changed it already

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide App
I see you're running a tuner. Did you get rid of all the emissions crap on yours? I hate to give up the warranty, but if I have to do this again, I'm seriously going to have to consider it.

ETA: Nevermind, I see you've put an exhaust on too, so I guess that answers my question. Are you happy with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
If it never completes, it will give the message to "cleaning exhaust filter keep driving til message is cleared" message.

My truck also sees mostly short trips, and I've never had that message. I have had the regen continue for more than one day.
I've never seen that message myself. I have had it resume a regen the next time I drive it though.

Just got a call from the dealer. They tell me that they think the reason the light came on when I picked it up Friday was that they didn't recalibrate the computer after they changed the Nox sensor. Not too sure whether to call this BS or not, but at this point, I think it is pretty obvious which way I'm leaning on that debate.

I guess we'll pick it up this evening and see how long the orange lights stay off.
Weathertech Floor liners
RDS Diamond plate toolbox/Extang Express Toolbox Tonneau

Ordered but not installed:
MotorOps tuner
Edge Insight CTS w/ pyro & backup camera
DPF delete pipe
fixy2273 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM   eBay Motors  #59 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade

I am super pleased with it.
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 PM   eBay Motors  #60 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

No problem at all, jphippsjr! Iím glad you were happy with Granger Chevrolet. From what youíve written, it looks like they had great communications with you about this.

I completely understand the frustrations with the truck going into regen so much and I would be happy to provide any updates that are brought my way.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Michelle, GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.