Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Performance "performance"

569 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DaJokr 
#1 ·
After reading sooooo many threads about performance this/that performance and the interesting diversions.... I wonder, can we really get a 'head to head' on 'performance specs' on same LML vehicles?

Where can we find where base LML's are evaluated based upon actual, repeatable test basis?

:rofl

Isn't it annoying when that guy does that...???

Sure, this possibility falls into the same folder as garden gnomes and unicorns...just like the EPA.. still, wouldn't it be good to know... Put programmer X with this/these exhaust mods/deletes and get Y performance (mileage, torque, 0-6000mph).. :cookoo[1]:

C'mon, put on your best "Joe Friday" charm and say, "The facts, Ma'am, just the facts."

#2 ·
To many variables:

1)No 2 vehicles are the same (options, materials, workmanship at the plant at the time of manufacture)
2)no 2 people drive the same (grandpa, madman, lunatic, psycho, loaded, unloaded, combinations of all these and more)
3)no 2 setups weigh the same (options, accessories, wheels, tires, hitches, aftermarket parts increasing or decreasing weight)
4)no 2 trucks drive in the same region (altitude, humidity, terrain, temperature, fuel/additives used)

You might be able to get a vague idea, but variables make it unpredictable.

For example, my truck build. I have compared it to others of the same year looking at 1/4 track times, I have seen heavier trucks with better times then myself and lighter trucks with worse times.

It's all a crap shoot when it comes to comparing expected results to actual results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.