Fuel mileage - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 08:58 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Fuel mileage

What kind of milage do these new trucks get? Very interested in getting one, just wanting to find some more specs.
331stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2011, 09:18 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

18 mpg running to town and to work on country roads. 22-23 mpg hiway. 14mpg towing 12,000 lb trailer, mostly hilly here in the mountains of B.C. I use 1 liter(quart) of DEF every 800 to 1000 miles or so. I always top DEF(urea) every 1000 miles so just so i know where its at most of the time, never had any DEF issues or any issues whatsoever, 6 months old. By the way i rarely hot rod the truck(on occasion of course) so my MPG and DEF use are based on a fairly easy driver, i do idle a fair bit( especially just after towing and before (of course).
Old 07-04-2011, 09:37 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Yeah, this will most likely stay stock, maybe exhaust and intake. Just town and a bit more highway so I would guess about 20.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Work Truck, gets an avg of 13 in town & 18 hwy.

2009 GMC 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 LMM
EFI Live, Edge Insight CTS, EGR disabled, Flo~Pro 4" exhaust w/ muffler & stock trumpet tip, Pacer LED NBS cab lights, Putco yellow bulb fog lights, GM under tailgate dually light bar, Footwell lights, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Kenwood speakers, Tinted windows, GM chrome oval running boards, WIF sensor delete plug, Fumoto oil drain valve, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Michelin M/S2, PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch, Wilson 2000 CB antenna

2000 Silverado 1500 LS RC/LB 4x2 4.8L (Whoopty/Work Truck)
HD Dmax Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 05:46 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Denali HD 3500, are those figures in U.S. gallons or Canadian? Also hand calculated? I,m trying to decide whether to get rid of my 2006 cummins; only thing holding me back is the mileage of these new trucks.
Beeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 12:54 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
Denali HD 3500, are those figures in U.S. gallons or Canadian? Also hand calculated? I,m trying to decide whether to get rid of my 2006 cummins; only thing holding me back is the mileage of these new trucks.
Hand calculated, this is U.S gallon(3.78L) not the 4.5L (Canadian gal). I try to post U.S gallon due to this site being mostly U.S.A residents. It would be 19.5 mpg Canadian (country roads, trips to town) and 24-26 mpg Canadian( all hiway).
Old 07-08-2011, 02:13 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Well that's good news. I may have to look into one of these this fall. My Cummins has been good to me, and I get very similar mileage as to what you are getting. It however came at a cost for me to get my mileage this high. I did a built tranny, 90 hp injectors, Exhaust manifold, FASS, Silver 62 turbo etc. But my biggest problem is high EGT'S, and I tow all summer, every day. I can't even tow my 25' gooseneck in OD empty!
Beeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 02:49 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

I'm glad to see some get good mileage, my 2011 crew cab dually 4x4 after 4500 miles is still getting around 14 combination driving empty(more highway than town) and about 9 pulling 15k at 62 mph, tried pulling at 65 and mileage dropped to 8. I always drive it real easy, light on the throttle getting up to speed and all that stuff. Would hate to see what it would get if I ran it hard. Sure does pull good though, stays in 5th gear at 1750 rpm and speed never changes with cruise on at 62 mph.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 10:49 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

well strickly in town about 15, mixed about 18, and highway 21.3. Now I don't feather the throttle around town and also I run an average of about 77 on the highway. These are hand calculated. Hope it helps
Waiting to be installed: SDP EGR delete, FASS 150, fuel sump.

Electricians LU 325
chevysmo97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 05:33 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

We have been looking at the Denali's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.