Best Programmer and CAI for my 2011 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 11:08 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Best Programmer and CAI for my 2011

I have a 2011 LML and im wanting to buy a programmer and a CAI. Anyone have any suggestions on either one. I saw the Banks CAI and i kind of like how its made. I have a Diablosport Trinity Programmer that i had on my 1500 silverado and i liked it very well but it wont work on my 2011 Duramax. any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2011, 11:10 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I think H&S is your only tuning option for the LML if you like throwing warrantes away on $60K trucks. not sure if S&B has one out yet, but I'd look into them for your CAI, best bang for the buck.
2003 2500HD LT CCLB, EFILive by Idaho Rob, 4" MBRP, Diamond Eye Down Pipe, Ported Intake Horn, S&B Intake, PPE Boost Valve, ADII, Nicktane CAT Adapter, Edge CTS, Cognito UCA, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Cognito Brace kit, Bilsteins, Gear Alloy wheels, Hankook RF10 285's, All on Mod, DDM 5k Low's & 4300 Fogs, air horn, on board air, limo tint

www.performancetruckproducts.com
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2011, 11:13 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
812-344-4421

I would do the Banks ofr S&B Intake. For the tuning, I would hold off unless you are planning to remove the exhaust as well. Because like mentioned above once you tune it you can basically say good bye to your warranty.

Tyler
MPF
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2011, 11:18 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

im not planning on doing anything to the exhaust right now. I saw that i can get a Power puck from diablosport for it. im just looking for something to give me a little more power not looking for a whole lot
Old 11-18-2011, 11:25 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
812-344-4421

The Power puck is still traceable by the dealer.
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2011, 11:41 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

That is true I just wish they had the trinity updated to work on mine

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 11-18-2011, 06:50 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

pretty much any tuner is going to be traceable on the newer trucks, even if you don't use it to delete emissions stuff, they could still deny a warranty claim at their discretion. There are some guys running the H&S stuff on their LML's and seem happy with it, i'm sure a search would pull up some threads on it.
2003 2500HD LT CCLB, EFILive by Idaho Rob, 4" MBRP, Diamond Eye Down Pipe, Ported Intake Horn, S&B Intake, PPE Boost Valve, ADII, Nicktane CAT Adapter, Edge CTS, Cognito UCA, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Cognito Brace kit, Bilsteins, Gear Alloy wheels, Hankook RF10 285's, All on Mod, DDM 5k Low's & 4300 Fogs, air horn, on board air, limo tint

www.performancetruckproducts.com
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 03:15 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

H&S makes the best tuners on the market for the LML. As far as intake goes, AFE makes nice kits, but the S&B kits should be out very soon as well.
DSTRBD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 09:43 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Ok, a little help would be nice.

First of all, what is CAI?

Next, why would the warranty be void? Couldn't you just set the programmer to go back to stock and put the stock exhaust back on? I know it would be a pain in the arse to change the exhaust, but it would get you back to stock.

I don't want to screw up my warranty but I would like to remove the DPF and get a nice exhaust note. Is this just not possible if I want my warranty?

Thanks - AD
Old 11-26-2011, 10:11 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrettiDog View Post
Ok, a little help would be nice.

First of all, what is CAI?

Next, why would the warranty be void? Couldn't you just set the programmer to go back to stock and put the stock exhaust back on? I know it would be a pain in the arse to change the exhaust, but it would get you back to stock.

I don't want to screw up my warranty but I would like to remove the DPF and get a nice exhaust note. Is this just not possible if I want my warranty?

Thanks - AD
when you change settings in the computer they are codes/numbers that change and those codes/numbers never go back to factory settings.
87gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.