My Build Thread - Page 317 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 07 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 05:57 PM   eBay Motors  #3161 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
Just a clear hose that has a fumoto drain valve on the other end. Makes draining the oil a lot easier, and neater, so as not to have it spill all over the floor, so the dogs can roll around in it, or the rangers !!!
The one dog, the malamute (or mal-a-mutt) would eat any drippings...ask me how I know. But I now know a wide variety of chemicals and petroleum products will not kill my dog!
2011 6" Fabtech, Dirt Logic, Road Armor F&R, Warn fogs,Hella HID and headlights, LEDs, S&B Intake,H&S XT Pro,MBRP 4" side exit,ProComp 18" wheels,35" Toyo MT's 9K winch,synthetic rope,poly rollers,AD 165,sump,Opti-Lube,Rare parts tie rods,4.56 gears Grizzly locker,Amsoil bypass filter,Fumoto valve,GLO diff cover & U-bolt flip,survival gear,Raptor bed liner, relocated shock mounts,Cognito UCA & truss kit,Sulastic shackles,gun mount,Filter rock shields,Edge CTS,resonator block off,EGR delete,Alligator downpipe,Hypertech speedo calibrator,Kenwood GPS,Pro-Flow manis & up-pipes,deep trans pan,3" intercooler pipe,custom spare and fuel can rack, butterfly valve delete,
PCV delete
Author of: "Distant Thunder"
flyin6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 05:58 PM   eBay Motors  #3162 (permalink)
Meyer Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
Just a clear hose that has a fumoto drain valve on the other end. Makes draining the oil a lot easier, and neater, so as not to have it spill all over the floor, so the dogs can roll around in it, or the rangers !!!
Or ourselves when we do the oil change! Lol.
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
MBRP, Diamond Eye, EFI live by Kory, S&B, Autometer, DHD, Magnaflow, ProFab, Banks, Edge, Cognito, Fuel, Nitto

Thanks to Tyler @ www.MeyerPerformance.com 812-344-4421
lutzjk913 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 06:01 PM   eBay Motors  #3163 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin6 View Post
The one dog, the malamute (or mal-a-mutt) would eat any drippings...ask me how I know. But I now know a wide variety of chemicals and petroleum products will not kill my dog!
That's good to know for the melt down of the economy !! Let the dog test out all food before human consumption....
Tunes by Kory, Built Trans by Calvins, CP3 stacked over CP4, EGR Delete, Road Armor Lonestar Front Bumper, Warn 9.5k, Hella 7" and 4" HID's, Rancho 4" lift, Cognito UCA's, 35" Trail Grapplers, RCD Sway Bar Links, Nfab 3step bars,front wheel spacers,sulastic shackles, MA sleeves, s&b c.a.i. dry filter, resonator block plate, amsoil bypass kit, Fumoto drain valve, amsoil syn/ 15-40 motor oil, amsoil throughout drive train, fabtech stabilizer, opti-lube xpd, HID 55w 6k lows, L.E.D. bulbs throughout, H&S Mini-Maxx, H&S Pyrometer, Vumaxx mount, Autometer Cobalt Pyrometer, Diamond Eye down pipe, FASS Titanium 150, FASS custom filter cover, Ricks Pro Fab up pipes/manifolds, MBRP 5" Straight pipe, Custom overhead switches, Fuse banks, GLO differential covers, Yukon 4:10 gears, Grizzly rear locker, American Force wheels
My Build Thread
Armalite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 06:20 PM   eBay Motors  #3164 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin6 View Post
Quick question: How much fluid, ballpark speaking will I ahve to add to bring that new super deep trans pan up to full? I purchased 8 quarts not knowing for sure...
the deep pan adds an extra 4 qts to the capacity level. you're gonna need another gallon over what you have
Old 11-12-2012, 06:28 PM   eBay Motors  #3165 (permalink)

too bad civilian diesels dont come stock with AOAP valves?????

06 LBZ, CC SB
52 gal titan
edge juice w/ attitude

nmeyer414 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 06:49 PM   eBay Motors  #3166 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmeyer414 View Post
too bad civilian diesels dont come stock with aoap valves?????
aoap???
2011 6" Fabtech, Dirt Logic, Road Armor F&R, Warn fogs,Hella HID and headlights, LEDs, S&B Intake,H&S XT Pro,MBRP 4" side exit,ProComp 18" wheels,35" Toyo MT's 9K winch,synthetic rope,poly rollers,AD 165,sump,Opti-Lube,Rare parts tie rods,4.56 gears Grizzly locker,Amsoil bypass filter,Fumoto valve,GLO diff cover & U-bolt flip,survival gear,Raptor bed liner, relocated shock mounts,Cognito UCA & truss kit,Sulastic shackles,gun mount,Filter rock shields,Edge CTS,resonator block off,EGR delete,Alligator downpipe,Hypertech speedo calibrator,Kenwood GPS,Pro-Flow manis & up-pipes,deep trans pan,3" intercooler pipe,custom spare and fuel can rack, butterfly valve delete,
PCV delete
Old 11-12-2012, 07:02 PM   eBay Motors  #3167 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpdt View Post
the deep pan adds an extra 4 qts to the capacity level. you're gonna need another gallon over what you have
Thanks!
So, the entire capacity of my truck's trans is 7.4 quarts. that's fluid trapped throughout the tramsmission, in the converter and in the pan. I'm guessing half of it in the pan, say almost 4 qts. I have 8 on hand, sounds like I guessed lucky!
PCV delete

Last edited by flyin6; 11-12-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:50 PM   eBay Motors  #3168 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade

just the drain and refill w/filter change is 7.4, total capacity is 12.7...plus deep pan
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 PM   eBay Motors  #3169 (permalink)

I just did my drain/fill and a filter change. Fluid was still very good. Oh well, I've got fresh transynd in there now. Don, my hats off to you sir. I do believe I'm gonna have someone install those up pipes and manifolds for me. Don't have the time to do it unfortunately.
2011 LML- H&S Motorsports CP3 over CP4 kit w/tunes from Kory Willis , 17x9 XD Misfits, 285-70-17 Cooper AT's, Spray on, tool box/50 Gallon Auxillary, tint all around, Ride Rite bags, Ride rite compressor system,H&S Mini Max, Cobalt Pyro, ready lift keys, 5" MBRP straight piped, Rare Part Tie rods, Cognito UCA's, Bilstein 5100's, Fass Titanium 150, ADP downpipe, EGR delete from ADP and Proflow up pipes and manifolds.

To be installed: Built Tranny from Calvins and custom compounds.

Gotta love being a Directional Driller.
LMLFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM   eBay Motors  #3170 (permalink)

If at all possible a sound clip video would be awesome !
willsdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.